Slipknot “Parts Ways” with Drummer Jay Weinberg

One rumor is the new drummer will be Simon Crahan of the band Vended.

Simon is the 19-year-old son of a Slipknot founding member.

And not so much because he's the son of someone in the band, but so that Slipknot can slowly replace everyone with younger members and continue on long after all the current members retire. This is tied to a comment singer Corey Taylor made recently that he feels he can only keep touring for another 5-10 years, but he would encourage the band to continue without him if he couldn't go.

A pretty wild rumor based on speculation, but given what we've seen with Kiss and Motley Crue, it kinda of makes sense. However, that really doesn't explain why Jay was fired now rather than at some future date, given Jay is younger than the rest of the members

One rumor is the new drummer will be Simon Crahan of the band Vended.

Simon is the 19-year-old son of a Slipknot founding member.

And not so much because he's the son of someone in the band, but so that Slipknot can slowly replace everyone with younger members and continue on long after all the current members retire. This is tied to a comment singer Corey Taylor made recently that he feels he can only keep touring for another 5-10 years, but he would encourage the band to continue without him if he couldn't go.

A pretty wild rumor based on speculation, but given what we've seen with Kiss and Motley Crue, it kinda of makes sense. However, that really doesn't explain why Jay was fired now rather than at some future date, given Jay is younger than the rest of the members

Jay was fired because someone’s kid wanted a job.

Just a passing thought..does the popularity of Jays dad with his son playing in Slipknot have a negative effect on the metal rough tough outlook?. Do they want someone with a less daddy's boy (not that he's that) aura for such an evil mean wild crazy metal band?. Just thinking. Band crap is weird.

Just a passing thought..does the popularity of Jays dad with his son playing in Slipknot have a negative effect on the metal rough tough outlook?. Do they want someone with a less daddy's boy (not that he's that) aura for such an evil mean wild crazy metal band?. Just thinking. Band crap is weird.
I can't speak for everybody, but the rough tough outlook is for "posers" for a lack of better word. No one should care about that, and most people who listen to metal don't care in the slightest about that noise. It's just a music genre, everything but the music should be irrelevant. It was mentioned in the thread that a band member's son is a drummer who's looking for a big gig, and unfortunately I think that's the most likely reason for Jay's firing. It's just a rumor for now so take it with a grain of salt.

if it did I don't think it would take 9 or 10 years to come to the surface.

if it did I don't think it would take 9 or 10 years to come to the surface.
My thoughts as well...10 years..maybe the band was hangin some pub and after a few Johnny Walker reds Jay mentioned how Bruce Springsteen would outdraw Sliprat and the fight was on. Jay..if your reading this it's all in fun..fu-- those guys. 😃.

I met Jay some years back in NYC.
Very nice guy ! And although not a huge fan of the band , I like some of their stuff and respect Jay’s playing immensely.

Seems ( so far) the way the band
handled it ……….

They should be called ……
BALLOONKNOT 🤘🏼

Upon seeing the photo of Jay w/ mask, I went down a rabbit hole and checked out the photographer, Jonathan Weiner. I gotta say, his work with musicians is really good.

Now, back to our regular programming.

Because Jay left, maybe?
With all due respect to jay, his role in that band was minimal and brief. He was basically just playing old songs that were written and recorded by other drummers. Against Me! Is a really cool band and their first like three albums are great. They had commercial success with "don't lose touch" which caused a lot of their long time OG fans to feel alienated and the typical "they sold out" comments flooded in. Despite that they had their biggest financial and global success due to that album. During her transition they took some time off, which I'm sure is totally understandable as that is probably very difficult on someone both physically and mentally, then she came back after awhile doing solo acoustic shows. By the time the band was back in full swing they were kinda old news and lost their commercial pop fanbase as well as never fully recovered their original gutter punk kid fanbase.

Worth noting considering today's easily offended culture: I'm not saying or implying anything negative about her, her transition, or anyone who is going through the same. I'm simply recanting their rise and fall as a band.

With all due respect to jay, his role in that band was minimal and brief. He was basically just playing old songs that were written and recorded by other drummers. Against Me! Is a really cool band and their first like three albums are great. They had commercial success with "don't lose touch" which caused a lot of their long time OG fans to feel alienated and the typical "they sold out" comments flooded in. Despite that they had their biggest financial and global success due to that album. During her transition they took some time off, which I'm sure is totally understandable as that is probably very difficult on someone both physically and mentally, then she came back after awhile doing solo acoustic shows. By the time the band was back in full swing they were kinda old news and lost their commercial pop fanbase as well as never fully recovered their original gutter punk kid fanbase.

Worth noting considering today's easily offended culture: I'm not saying or implying anything negative about her, her transition, or anyone who is going through the same. I'm simply recanting their rise and fall as a band.
Thank you for the break down. I've never heard of the band and in turn their story.

Being the son of a famous drummer could cause some people to wonder if he achieved success by the help of the machine he was born into.

As challenging as some of that music is to play, he must've been worthy of the fulfilling that role. The blurb issued when he was ditched was telling. Point awarded to Jay.

I'm betting Jay ditched the other band by SM because he felt they (or someone in the band) was too much drama to deal with so he just issued a self press release and went on with life. Benefit of the doubt awarded to Jay.

Back