Recovering from a long time without drums, wondering what to do. Do you have song recommendations?

Unstandardshellsize

Hello everyone,

Due to life, the last two years or so contained veeery little activity on drums for me compared to the preceding decade. Now I'm back to practicing frequently, however I have no idea what to focus on. I want to learn new songs, because I feel that is what helped me the most previously, and I welcome your suggestions, from any genre, any artist you like. I prefer not to be focused on theory oriented resources to begin with.
Much love to all
Albert

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet-mamamaambaby For Exquisite Cowbell work
BTO i think

dude!
wasn't sure I spelled it right

heck throw in Edgar Winter's Frankenstein while yer at it.
also "Jukebox Hero" by i don't know who..

ah heck just turn the radio on,.
eventually "Misty" by Errol Garner will play if you wait long enough.

I recommend Don Cherry/Dewey Redman/ Charlie Haden/ Ed Blackwell/ Old & New Dreams-
Miles Davis And The Modern Jazz Giants Bag's Groove-
off the top of my head

Last edited:
what they do

Because of my job, truck driver, long hours, and uncertain band situation, when I’m trying to get back to speed I always resort to 60’s and 70’s. It just seems to work for me, pretty basic stuff but you have to pay attention to get it right. Older country music works for me too. Play that stuff wrong and the people will let you know in a hurry.

this is my warm up/refresher list. Many different styles...most everything mid tempo and not technically too hard

Back