Radar Love - Performance

I had to play that song a couple of times on fill-in gigs and had never played it before. It was a challenge to say the least. Good job.

@joedrum is this you or just a video you like? A reminder that we have the Your Playing subforum for our members. Also if you want to discuss technique, style, or "how to," that would go in the Technique -Transcripts - Education - Practice subforum. Videos of drummers featured on DrummerWorld can go in the thread dedicated to them in our Drummers subforum. Or "I just think this video is cool and wanted to share it" can stay right here in the General Drumming section.

Last edited:
There's a song ya gotta study for the passages.

Did I hear the guitarist flub twice after the drummer goes to the ride?

@joedrum is this you or just a video you like? A reminder that we have the Your Playing subforum for our members. Also if you want to discuss technique, style, or "how to," that would go in the Technique -Transcripts - Education - Practice subforum. Videos of drummers featured on DrummerWorld can go in the thread dedicated to them in our Drummers subforum. Or "I just think this video is cool and wanted to share it" can stay right here in the General Drumming section.
Hello Thomas...it is the latter sir! I couldn't play that song as well as that. Thanks for checking though 👍

As many times as I've heard that over the last how many decades I've wanted to sit and dissect the drum solo fill type thing but I'm lazy. I still like that over all these years. The guy in the video gets that nice loose raspy snare sound which is what's cool about the original.

Yeah and the cymbal to his right sounds spot on like the song. It's funny when someone takes the mystery out of a piece, Bozozoid. Most of us can do it if like you said we wanted to take the time. In my case I'd probably need about...umm...2 years😁

BTW the guy looks a little like Andy Newmark...but I don't think so. And we all know Andy wouldn't have any issues with the song.

It's not technically difficult. Just a lot of passages. Similar to Molly Hatchett's Dreams. The 2 songs become an epic in length.

Back