Paiste Colorsound Swiss Crash?

SharkSandwich

I've come across some Paiste Colorsound Swiss Crashes on the internet. As far as I can see, Paiste doesn't officially offer these so are they just demos or promotional one-offs?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 9.45.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 9.45.29 PM.png
    424.7 KB · Views: 9
...and, as you might have guessed, I want this blue one really bad. ?

Paiste has done custom stuff in the past, so it could be one of those special orders.
If you really want to know, you could e-mail Paiste about it. A few years back i e-mailed them about an endorser in the 80's and got a reply within a few days!

Paiste has done custom stuff in the past, so it could be one of those special orders.
If you really want to know, you could e-mail Paiste about it. A few years back i e-mailed them about an endorser in the 80's and got a reply within a few days!

I actually saw the cymbals on indifferent sites like Sam Ash and Sweetwater which made me suspect they're not special orders. Good idea, I didn't even think to email them. ? That's cool to hear that they were so responsive to you. Although I'm not totally surprised, I wrote them a letter back in the late 80s and I got a hand written response. Love companies like that!

Yes, my Paiste splash 12" blue is very gongy for a small one...

I've come across some Paiste Colorsound Swiss Crashes on the internet. As far as I can see, Paiste doesn't officially offer these so are they just demos or promotional one-offs?
Then here’s your chance to get a whole bunch of them!
Absolutely! Becauseyou know, Paiste Cymbals and sounds are like potato chips (pricey ones that taste funny) But you can't just have one. I've taken a plunge or three with Paiste, but because of their consistency of sound as individuals within series, type, weight, finish etc paired with the ability of each model to not only create its own 'sweet spot' of the series but also engineered each and every available series(including most that are no longer) in production so as to blend musically and sonically into a that is (quite impressively engineered) master overall sound template/ musical model. It can be seen as the single most product they manufacture. And yes, it tastes funny. Not everyone's cup of bronze but hey, it works for many and records really well. So crank up the PayPal card, there'll be no duds.

Back