I just doubled my snare count

take a solemn vow to 2
commit 1 for Locust

Fibes black Fivel are known to attract raccoon into your garage

Finally the new heads and wires came. First thing I found is my Acro hates string. Putting ribbons on it made the wires sit much better.

Second thing I found is that the Vintage Coated Amb is not a good head, at least to me. After replacing the snare side head, I thought maybe it was all the Rocker SS head trashing the sound. Nope. The Vintage Coated Amb had a ridiculous amount of ring that cleaned up a lot with the regular Amb.

Third thing I found is that coated Emps on the toms absolutely rule.

Finally the new heads and wires came. First thing I found is my Acro hates string. Putting ribbons on it made the wires sit much better.

Second thing I found is that the Vintage Coated Amb is not a good head, at least to me. After replacing the snare side head, I thought maybe it was all the Rocker SS head trashing the sound. Nope. The Vintage Coated Amb had a ridiculous amount of ring that cleaned up a lot with the regular Amb.

Third thing I found is that coated Emps on the toms absolutely rule.
You know, I've only had one experience with a Vintage Ambassador, and I didn't care for it, either. It came on a used snare I bought. I tried it on a couple of other drums, and didn't care for it on any of them. It's pretty hard to beat a plain ol' coated Ambassador.

You know, I've only had one experience with a Vintage Ambassador, and I didn't care for it, either. It came on a used snare I bought. I tried it on a couple of other drums, and didn't care for it on any of them. It's pretty hard to beat a plain ol' coated Ambassador.
Yeah, I think I’ll skip trying to make it work elsewhere and proceed to making it an o ring. I have one that got ruined in the move, so it should make a nice replacement.

Back