I just doubled my snare count

and here it is..

O they do make a 10 lug Acro..

how about those bananas..
Sounds like a Supra? Yes no?
minus chrome

a more rounded sound weird
actually sounds acceptable
could mistake it for a near high end drum..

Ludwig is everybody's 1st drum..

was...late 60s

They need to on their website do a
"1971 Redo"
and remake the 71-1 Catalog Layout with their latest offerings in
"Outfits"
I can't find a picture of a drum set with a tom or toms mounted on the bass drum in their entire webpage

It was mine. Still is.

some gravitate out some never do.

Last edited:
Great question Dame. As Jimmy mentioned there are comparison clips on YouTube. I hope this clip from Nick Costa answers some of your questions. His channel is mostly about Ludwig snares. Please note that Jimmy's Acro is the 70's version and what Nick Costa is comparing are the snares from 60's version.

So what I take out of that video was that I heard more snare snap on the Supra then I did on the Acro. There might be more differences that I'm not able to decipher after all, I'm listening through a tablet and not live.

I would love to hear more opinions on that because that was another snare that I was interested in snatching up if the opportunity presented itself but for now I'm super content with my Supra!

And just by listening through my tablet I knew that I did not like the tone or sound of the LM 420 Supra that's why I went with the LM 400.

So what I take out of that video was that I heard more snare snap on the Supra then I did on the Acro. There might be more differences that I'm not able to decipher after all, I'm listening through a tablet and not live.

I would love to hear more opinions on that because that was another snare that I was interested in snatching up if the opportunity presented itself but for now I'm super content with my Supra!

And just by listening through my tablet I knew that I did not like the tone or sound of the LM 420 Supra that's why I went with the LM 400.
420? Is that the Supra made of hemp?

Bwahahahahaha!

But seriously Donna, would I have gotten an Acro had I already owned a Supra? Nope. But I’m cheap and the extra mids I enjoy. I, however, love 6.5 depth, so I’m almost sure I would get the 402. But then again, I got the Acro in 5 so maybe I wouldn’t have.

Bwahahahahaha!

But seriously Donna, would I have gotten an Acro had I already owned a Supra? Nope. But I’m cheap and the extra mids I enjoy. I, however, love 6.5 depth, so I’m almost sure I would get the 402. But then again, I got the Acro in 5 so maybe I wouldn’t have.
Jimmy, there was an opportunity that presented itself... you took it and now you're going to restore it and I believe that you're going to be happy after its all restored.

I really don't have the room to be collecting snares anyway but there's a lot of great drums out there and it's always fun to dream. We have to be content in what we have for the time being.

No matter what snare we pick there's always going to be one better... it's like chasing after the wind!

Jimmy, there was an opportunity that presented itself... you took it and now you're going to restore it and I believe that you're going to be happy after its all restored.

I really don't have the room to be collecting snares anyway but there's a lot of great drums out there and it's always fun to dream. We have to be content in what we have for the time being.

No matter what snare we pick there's always going to be one better... it's like chasing after the wind!
Absoposolutely!

And just by listening through my tablet I knew that I did not like the tone or sound of the LM 402 Supra that's why I went with the LM 400.

Bwahahahahaha!

I meant to say 402... just wanted to see if you're paying attention. LOL

And just by listening through my tablet I knew that I did not like the tone or sound of the LM 402 Supra that's why I went with the LM 400.

@Drumdame just checkin'... did you intend to quote yourself twice without any added comments in your posts #71 and 73?Maybe the disappearing ink disappeared??
:unsure:
I don't know how that happened. If you know how to take it off just delete one, thank you so much.

Just wondering how does an Acro compared to a Superphonic as far as sound goes?
I have a an Acro and Supra, both from '71. I find the Acro drier and a little rolled off high-end wise. The Supra comes across with a little bit more in the high frequencies and has a slightly more focused sound. I can get some really nice bottom end with both drums, but the Supra sounds a little more refined with the extra crispness.

They’re not, unfortunately. They have several wires bent way out of shape...
I'd suggest non-fancy snares - although I haven't tried the Canopus ones that everyone seems to like.

I have a an Acro and Supra, both from '71. I find the Acro drier and a little rolled off high-end wise. The Supra comes across with a little bit more in the high frequencies and has a slightly more focused sound. I can get some really nice bottom end with both drums, but the Supra sounds a little more refined with the extra crispness.

I'd suggest non-fancy snares - although I haven't tried the Canopus ones that everyone seems to like.
I tried to order some Gibraltar wires but they’re back ordered at Sweetwater so I ordered a set of SPL’s from GC. That’s what I have on my L&L and they’re great.

You should have a delete control at the bottom of the post, lower left corner. I'm not able to make it happen, sorry. :cool:
I used to have a delete and edit button... I've been complaining about that for a very long time. I have written to Administration and no one ever got back to me on that. I don't have that anymore the only button I have on the left says "report" that's it. So I'm not able to delete that. Sorry.

I used to have a delete and edit button... I've been complaining about that for a very long time. I have written to Administration and no one ever got back to me on that. I don't have that anymore the only button I have on the left says "report" that's it. So I'm not able to delete that. Sorry.
Don’t worry about it…stuff like that happens. If you can’t fix it, it’s ok.

Back