Happy Left Handers day!

spelman

August, 13th.
That is all:)

I wanted to be left handed because Ian Paice was. I still think watching people write left handed is odd. I play my snaredrum with my left so at least it does SOMETHING. 😃.

I still think watching people write left handed is odd.

So do I, and I'm left handed. When I see videos of me playing it looks weird to me, but I think it's more a point of view thing than anything.

The world is right handed, and left handed people have to learn to be right handed to a certain extent, so we're already more ambidextrous compared to right handed people.

We're also in our right mind.

Hooray for us chosen ones, the minority that use the "wrong" hand for everything!

TBH, I actually play drums "right" handed as well as most sports. My developmental years of drums/drumset was within my peer group in school band. And, you guessed it, they were all righties, so I just assimilated.

Yes always had to play right handed in marching bands, etc... I'm cross dominant, so not true left. I started as a youngster playing the kit right handed. One night after a lesson, it just occurred to me that maybe I was a lefty on the kit. The minute I turned the drums left, everything opened up for me.

Back