Foo Fighters - what's your audition song?

Bozozoid

Diamond Member
You.....are the one auditioning for FF. Dave wants to start with that one. What are you going to do differently. OK..this is the one that gets you the gig..you get one chance..one shot..one song. So what's your intro drummer. 😃

You.....are the one auditioning for FF. Dave wants to start with that one. What are you going to do differently. OK..this is the one that gets you the gig..you get one chance..one shot..one song. So what's your intro drummer. 😃

I'd play "Monkey Wrench." I don't think there is a such thing as a "perfect rock song," but this one is about as close as it gets in my book.

If they don't think I can get the right feel during that song, then I don't need to be there.

I'm playing the one that says the only shots I'm taking come from a Tequila bottle. I'm retaining my medical freedom.

Last edited:
My Hero. Not so difficult - but one of the most passionate and beautiful drum parts ever.

My hero because it starts with drums, but I don't really know much of their music , I could also say.. The pretender (got to give Dave his spotlight first) plus with that song you can do the Tommy Lee thing (Pretend you are beating the heck out of the drums to make it look awesome). That would not work so well with My Hero because it is way too slow. Maybe I should try that one El Estepario Siberiano style (Play it one handed).

All my life..im going to hit a 50" Symphony gong to start...Dave does his guitar intro after the sound maxes. I let 3 bars go by then I start a 20" cymbal swell lightly as not to obstruct the vocals. The swell maxes just befor I kick it in at the usual start. I'm hoping Dave digs it or it's.....NEXT.

We've played their arrangement of Fortunate Son for years now, I guess that would have to be it for me. Maybe their version of Baker Street, we did their version of that, too, tho I'd be more comfortable with Fortunate Son.

I know what I'd play! Twisted Sister's We're Not Gonna Take It.
Lol!

I’d tell Mr. Grohl to pick any song.

Been a fan since 95-96 when I purchased the self titled LP.

My all time favorites are February Stars, Oh George, and Stitches.

Back