Cymbal stand memory...?

Yeah, that's true, if you use a short case, or need them taken down for transport, small car etc...
I just fold the legs on all my stands (hat stand too) because my case is tall enough (I also have a mini van).
I have the H&B Vulcanized fiber case with wheels (20 years and still going!) which isn't that heavy at all.
The Enduro that size? No thanks!

Small squares of plastic tape go inside tubes. Wrapped all the way around is a drag though.
The fat sharpie marker works great too.
you could use a sharpie and put a piece of clear tape on it (scotch tape). That stuff is thin enough to never cause a problem, and it protects the mark too.
Won't come off until you take it off.

I used to put numbers on top of the height adjustment area so I could see which stand was which also.
Now I just have 3 stands, and they are at different heights, so don't need that--or really mem locks either, unless some Bozo comes up and tries to "help".....which is what lead to memory locks on everything of mine in the first place...

I use a Protection Racket case that is about 35" in length - not very big but it hold a lot and is plenty strong. I have a Honda Fit and I can't really go any longer with that particular case. The car holds all my gear with room to spare but it doesn mean I have to collapse my stands. No big deal but having a memory system just means I can setup quickly.
I like the tape protected sharpie method - very nice :)

sharpie.jpg

I dont really like mem locks. They just get in the way.

Been using these guys for years. The mark will wear out after a while, then you just re apply.

Or use alcohol to remove them entirely.

Nice - I suppose a quality metal paint (spray) like Rustoleum would work as well. Interesting ideas in this thread guys - thank to all who chimed in - I appreciate all the ideas.

The problem with Rustoleum is it will be difficult to remove if you later decide to make a change.

Nail Polish comes off with simple nail polish remover.

sharpie.jpg

I dont really like mem locks. They just get in the way.

Been using these guys for years. The mark will wear out after a while, then you just re apply.

Or use alcohol to remove them entirely.

LOL, I was just thinking hey I better post a pic of a Sharpie! It's the perfect solution, imho.
Also, only fold up what you have to, and include thoughts about keeping everything at playing height in your case/shlepping gear decisions. My faves are gigs where the stage is close to the parking lot door, so I can set everything in the minivan without collapsing a single stand.

LOL, I was just thinking hey I better post a pic of a Sharpie! It's the perfect solution, imho.
Also, only fold up what you have to, and include thoughts about keeping everything at playing height in your case/shlepping gear decisions. My faves are gigs where the stage is close to the parking lot door, so I can set everything in the minivan without collapsing a single stand.

Yeah, I just got one of these (SKB 33x15x14 with telascoping handle and roller blade wheels) because of the price and quality ($150), but in truth, I wish it was about 1/2 a foot taller so I wouldnt have to break down any stands. That would save me a nice chunk of time.
Oh well, the sharpie trick makes it a little less painless.

p40873.jpg

Another good thing about this case is that it holds every bit of hardware on this kit, minus the pedals, throne cushion and cymbals, which have their own cases.

newsplashes001.jpg

Back