Spreggy
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Spreggy
      Spreggy replied to the thread is improving inevitable.
      I've worked out of a lot of books, played along with records and practiced my rudiments and so on and it all helps, but when I've made...
    • Spreggy
      The Bad Plus did Tom Sawyer. Also, the hip local minister who spoke at my high school commencement built his speech around the words to...
    • Spreggy
      Regrets/mistakes: Not taking advantage of every musical opportunity offered in school and outside drum corps, etc. Not having a teacher...
    • Spreggy
      I'm envisioning something like the Headhunter with the tube sticking out the end of a wood stick in your left (snare) hand, and a jazz...
    • Spreggy
      Why are we equating "chops" with "lots of notes"???
    • Spreggy
      Spreggy replied to the thread My NAMM 2024 report.
      I sell a non-drum product. We left when we reached the point of selling everything we can make without it. I also no longer traipse...
    • Spreggy
      If you have an overly loud drummer, putting their drums into their monitor can get them to dial it back.
    • Spreggy
      The admittance part has waxed and waned. It was nutso with tons of trolling public peeps trying to get a great deal or just be annoying...
    • Spreggy
      Well we've been motivated in part by how much fun it is to go hand in a fun city, like Nashville. Anaheim offers nothing though in the...
    • Spreggy
      That would be a bummer, I was hoping to exhibit in Nashville again, we did that show 5 or 6 times and I liked the town better each time...
    • Spreggy
      Spreggy replied to the thread The aging drummer.
      Pablo Casals, the famous cellist, said why he practices 4-5 hours a day at age 80: “Because I think I am making progress.”
    • Spreggy
      Spreggy reacted to spleeeeen's post in the thread The aging drummer with Like Like.
      This thread got me thinking about an interview with Hank Jones I heard years ago. I did a quick search and found a transcript of the...
    • Spreggy
      Spreggy replied to the thread The aging drummer.
      <---- 60 years. I don't believe in aging. I played rock/dance gigs since forever ago, and practicing jazz now exclusively. I plan...
    • Spreggy
      Spreggy reacted to Larry's post in the thread The aging drummer with Like Like.
      The older I get, the better I play. That's what keeps my interest piqued. It's the one area of my life that keeps improving. Music is...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back