Breaking News: World's Most Famous Drummer Travis Barker Injures Finger Ahead of Mega-Tour

20 years ago, he probably would have been on that list of drummers "popular with non drummers". Blink 182 was pretty relevant early in their career

for me it is the guy for 21 Pilots...just awful. And Keith Moon....I just don't get the "magic" there either
Same here on Keith Moon. An old roommate has an erratic personality and the similarly erratic drumming style that Moon had. Not even on purpose.

Same here on Keith Moon. An old roommate has an erratic personality and the similarly erratic drumming style that Moon had. Not even on purpose.

yeah...I just don't think that what he did was revolutionary, or even good. He was lucky to be part of a band that was gaining fame for other reasons first.

Quality doesn’t enter it! Also, the median age is 31 — half the world is under 31. Nobody 31 and younger knows who Tommy Lee was.
A lot of music has come and gone, you wouldn't expect everyone to know every single drummer from any era by name. specially non drummer (drum interested) people. Most people focus much more on the music they like and skip over a lot other music. That said, it would be pretty hard for someone born in the mid to late nineties to know who a lot of musicians from the 80's were, specially if they only listen to music they hear when they become teenagers and beyond which would be the 2000's. The exception maybe a few that become acquainted with the bands/drummers by seeing them in reaction videos in present time.

I think you'd be seriously surprised. Guitar Hero and Rock Band brought all that 80s, 70s and 60s music to those ears. My youngest nieces and nephews know the words just like I do. They don't play instruments either.

I think you'd be seriously surprised. Guitar Hero and Rock Band brought all that 80s, 70s and 60s music to those ears. My youngest nieces and nephews know the words just like I do. They don't play instruments either.
I agree, but for example out of over 100 million people in the US alone that might be in the 30 y/o and younger, how many of them have been exposed to that? it would still be a small percentage. I wish those games were still being made....:(

Oh, and I discovered what a Kardashian was
I am deeply sorry you have had to endure that trauma. I do hope you're able to recover fully and the damage to your brain, from having that useless nonsense injected, has not suffered any permanent damage.
No one needs to endure anything Kardashian. It should only be used as a substitute for waterboarding.

I am deeply sorry you have had to endure that trauma. I do hope you're able to recover fully and the damage to your brain, from having that useless nonsense injected, has not suffered any permanent damage.
No one needs to endure anything Kardashian. It should only be used as a substitute for waterboarding.

as soon as I feel a Kardashian coming on, I just put on a little Minor Threat, GEL, or Fates Warning to cure it

Is one allowed to call in Kardashian to work?

Hi, boss? I cant make it in, my Kardashian is acting up. Maybe tomorrow.

That's horrible lol.
I should think no since Kardashian and work is an oxymoron. The last Kardashian to do any actual work was Robert.
The rest of them can thank Kim for banging Ray J and letting the tape be "leaked" otherwise we'd all have no idea who they were and society would be better off.

Is one allowed to call in Kardashian to work?

Hi, boss? I cant make it in, my Kardashian is acting up. Maybe tomorrow.

That's horrible lol.

I know at my work place, the kids have TONS of Kardashian outbreaks, so it is a true workplace hazard. It seems to be spurned on by the rampant TikTok epidemic that is goign around.

I think I should get workers comp for it....

I know at my work place, the kids have TONS of Kardashian outbreaks, so it is a true workplace hazard. It seems to be spurned on by the rampant TikTok epidemic that is goign around.

I think I should get workers comp for it....
Report it to OSHA, see if we can get a safety recommendation.

I leaked some of my amazing sexual exploits and NOTHING HAPPENED. I must be too flabby.

or "ahead of your time"....isn't that what all artistes say?

Son of Vistalite Black can't think of drummer before Travis Baker who has joined the historical figures and mega-celebrities who have had their wax image displayed in Madame Tussauds Museum.

It's notable Blabbermouth.net describes Travis Barker as "the most sought after drummer on the planet," a highly respected producer and the label chief of DTA Records that has signed talented artists such as JXDN and Avril Lavigne.
Here's Blabbermouth's report:

BLINK-182 drummer Travis Barker has revealed his new wax figure at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas. Named "Punk's First Superstar Drummer" by Rolling Stone, Travis Barker is celebrated as one of the greatest drummers of all time.

The figure is adorned in an outfit donated by Barker and is styled in one of his signature looks, an all-black outfit featuring a leather jacket, boots, pants and a studded belt. Barker's figure also features silver jewelry including nose rings, a chain necklace and a replicated wedding ring.

Barker sat down with the creative team, including sculptors, colorists, hairdressers and stylists, who took time to capture all the small things, taking more than 182 precise measurements of Barker's face and body, including his distinctive tattoos — which total more than 100 — to create true-to-life portraits. Each tattoo was closely documented at the sitting from 3D scan data and photos. Stenciling and coloring the tattoos on Travis's figure took approximately two weeks for the head and seven weeks for the body. Barker's wax twin is the most tatted figure ever created by Madame Tussauds.

Back