Breaking News: World's Most Famous Drummer Travis Barker Injures Finger Ahead of Mega-Tour

Son of Vistalite Black

The New York Post's Page Six just revealed shocking news about "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star Travis Barker (known in drum circles for tight snares and a best-selling signature kit).

Travis Barker shares gnarly photo of dislocated finger before Blink-182 tour​

Barker, who married Kourtney Kardashian in May 2022, shared that he spent the afternoon at a doctor’s office, where he received a scan and an injection to ease the pain.

The following day, the musician provided worried fans with an explanation of how the injury happened, tweeting, “I was playing the drums at rehearsals yesterday and I smashed my finger so hard I dislocated it and tore the ligaments.

Blink-182 announced its highly anticipated world tour in October 2022, telling fans that Barker, Mark Hoppus and Tom DeLonge will come together for the first time in nearly a decade to perform the rock band’s greatest hits as well as brand-new tracks.

The trek, which is set to travel across Latin America, North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, kicks off on March 11 in Tijuana, Mexico.

In December, DeLonge, 47, boldly declared that Blink-182‘s upcoming album, which has yet to be titled, is “the best we’ve ever made.”

“Buckle up. I’m personally tripping and so proud of what we have created TOGETHER,” he wrote on Instagram. “As one unified force of fun, eternal youth, and most of all- close friends.”

Attachments

• 77E91249-EBD6-47E5-8225-E1F0815C8C2A.jpeg
    77E91249-EBD6-47E5-8225-E1F0815C8C2A.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Why do I get the impression that he does not practice daily?(or weekly...but in surges)

He can do some pretty impressive stuff with a marching snare drum and in his various hip hop based side projects/one offs he certainly provides some cool beats, hell I dig Blink. I just personally find him to be a dramatic physical-overplayer and am not surprised that an injury like this occured.

He can do some pretty impressive stuff with a marching snare drum and in his various hip hop based side projects/one offs he certainly provides some cool beats, hell I dig Blink. I just personally find him to be a dramatic physical-overplayer and am not surprised that an injury like this occured.

this is a lot nicer than what I was gonna type, so I will just agree....

this is a lot nicer than what I was gonna type, so I will just agree....
With all the animosity around opinions of different drummers here lately I honestly had to read back and change my comment several times before posting. I'm sure my draft #1 was more in line with what you were going to say lol.

Noone Cares GIF by Ryan The Creative

Just to make sure I translated that correctly: he whacked on his finger and now his finger is for real broken?
I whacked my finger two times in all of my four years playing drums and it was swollen and hurt for days but I’ve luckily never broken a finger yet although I always wondered if this can actually happen.

Hitting your knuckle full force on the snare rim is painful, this one is pretty bad though
My accidents were hitting my knuckle with the stick directly. It always happened when I playing something on the Toms.

#1: I was trying to play the „Come together“-Fill and when switching to the Floor Tom my hands crossed and I hit my wrist.

#2: When my Clutch was defective and I waited for a new one I had lessons and my teacher told me to play on the rim of the toms and it was a faster groove so I instead hit my knuckle.

Indeed, the bad thing about this happening is that someone was injured.

What I've learned from it was who this drummer is and about a band that I've never listened to before. Quite an energetic guy!
Oh, and I discovered what a Kardashian was although I found no value in learning that.

Last edited:
I read his autobiography a couple months ago. It was on my Kindle for a few years after it being on sale and I decided to start it, despite not being a huge fan.

It wasn’t really for me but I finished it and interesting to learn of some parts of his career.

Hope this time around he takes the time to heal as opposed to rushing to get back to action and relying on painkillers again - which he’s had some very big problems with in the past (he admits all this in detail the book, warts and all)

Hopefully, the band does the right thing by him should they need to delay the tour.

Just to make sure I translated that correctly: he whacked on his finger and now his finger is for real broken?
I whacked my finger two times in all of my four years playing drums and it was swollen and hurt for days but I’ve luckily never broken a finger yet although I always wondered if this can actually happen.

Have you watched this guy play? I've seen meth'd out Florida roofers hammering nails with less intensity. I totally understand "passionate" playing but this guy is a textbook basher. Every time a newer player posts about constantly cracking cymbals we could just put a video of Travis Barker and say "don't do THIS and you'll be fine" (coincidentally, most of those threads start off with "I'm new to drums, I really like Travis Barker").

And before I get a bunch of PM's and negative reaction scores and post replies about how I'm a weekend warrior who will never live up to a famed pro so how can I talk.. I get it. He is popular. He is multi faceted. He is actually talented. I really enjoy several Blink albums and the transplants were pretty cool too.

He just hits his drums like a roid raging guerilla.

If he smashes tail like he smashes his snare it's no wonder how he landed a Kardashian.

Last edited:
Back