Brand Logo Kick Frum Head

I definitely prefer a logo on the front and will use decals on stock heads if I want to switch colours.

I'm actually annoyed with myself about something. I recently put together a black DW reso head for one of my kits and in a rush, I cut the port hole too close to the edge. It's not so close that it will tear, I don't think, and it doesn't sound bad, but it looks funny and that really bothers me. So much in fact that I took it off. 80 or 90 bucks down the drain.:cry:

20230629_183907.jpg

Do you use your kit brand's logo head? I'm wondering how many of you folks use a reso on your kick with your brand's (DW, Tama, Sonor, Ludwig, Premier, Gretsch, etc) name logo.
I like to use logo heads. I do have 3 kits and one has a band logo but the other two have a drum logos

I haven't got an original logo on any of my bass drums. My Ludwig Standards had a script-style logo sticker I made myself. Usually it's band decals, or, in the case of my new drums, a Drum Hang decal.
1689013349142.png
1689013385678.png 1689013427317.png1689013462505.png

The only reason I have a head with a logo is because it fit thematically with my very unique set, based on the look of the Ampeg Portaflex amps:

DBC7D3AC-ACD4-419C-8C8B-9A77280E1C68.jpeg

Otherwise I would have a plain white head, which BTW, looks like quite good on this set, too.

Yes, just trying to keep up with the Peavey and Fender products in the crowd! :ROFLMAO:
The front head on the Tour Custom set in the shot below was quite decent so I kept it (already had the logo).
Previously, I've had good luck getting various decals from a company called Blipfuzz.
1689037948244.png

Did you make the sub kick yourself or is it store bought?

BTW, folks, the set I just posted…Markus was kind enough to design my head and he took my idea and made it 1000x better than I could ever have done myself. You still da man, Supergrobi…thx!

It's DIY. Here's some information on the details:

It depends.
If it's a brand name I'd like to show off (e.g. Ludwig or Gretsch), I'll use a logo head or stick a decal on my head.
If it's an indifferent brand (e.g. DW or Pearl), I can take it or leave it. But why would I take such a kit in the first place...
If it's a funny brand name (Tama - roughly "motherfucking" in Chinese), even though it's not a brand I'd like to show off, I may use a logo head just for laugh!

Either way, I'd prefer a smooth white front head to an ebony one. The latter screams Y2K to me - not in a good way.

The only reason I have a head with a logo is because it fit thematically with my very unique set, based on the look of the Ampeg Portaflex amps:

View attachment 136537

Otherwise I would have a plain white head, which BTW, looks like quite good on this set, too.
Jimmy if I never mentioned it before..

Your front reso head is inspired. It could be my favorite of all time.

Brilliant, you are.

Did you make the sub kick yourself or is it store bought?

BTW, folks, the set I just posted…Markus was kind enough to design my head and he took my idea and made it 1000x better than I could ever have done myself. You still da man, Supergrobi…thx!
I'm sure you can make your own, but for the price you might want to skip all that hassle and just buy this one:

Jimmy if I never mentioned it before..

Your front reso head is inspired. It could be my favorite of all time.

Brilliant, you are.
Thx but I only get partial credit, Larry. Markus greatly improved my original idea and really made it pop.

It's DIY. Here's some information on the details:

A GK speaker sounds perfect for it. Great job!

Back