Bands where NOBODY is an original member!

Judas Priest

(and I thought Ian Hill was an original member….but wiki says negative to that)
Like Heart, I don't think saying what happened before the band was ever signed really counts.

Even the Wiki article states the 1st incarnation of Judas Priest split up, and then a new band was formed with Ian Hill, who then re-used the name.

Halford, Hill, and Tipon are all the first official Judas Preist recordings. Trying to claim they're not original members because a bunch of other guys were in and out of a band also called Judas Preist that no one ever heard is a misnomer of the term "original members" IMHO.

Avatars.... who's original in Foreigner?
Mick Jones is technically the only original member left.

But he doesn't appear at every live show due to his ongoing health issues.

So it's either 1 or zero original members depending on the circumstances.

---

I was never heavily into Foreighner, but at least I saw them when Lou had rejoined in the late 90s. Brian Tichy was on drums that night if I recall.

Mick Jones is technically the only original member left.

But he doesn't appear at every live show due to his ongoing health issues.

So it's either 1 or zero original members depending on the circumstances.

---

I was never heavily into Foreighner, but at least I saw them when Lou had rejoined in the late 90s. Brian Tichy was on drums that night if I recall.
I have not heard of Mick at a gig in years

Last edited:
Halford, Hill, and Tipon are all the first official Judas Preist recordings. Trying to claim they're not original members because a bunch of other guys were in and out of a band also called Judas Preist that no one ever heard is a misnomer of the term "original members" IMHO.
As a Black Country lad lets clear this one up.

Al Atkins is the guy who founded Judas Priest. He wrote a good chunk of the early stuff and still tours. My mate Mick Hayles was his drummer for years and might still be.

Ian Hill and KK were in the original lineage that the current band are on which makes Ian Hill the remaining original member. Bob Halford was with a band called Athen's Wood (my dad was very good friends with the drummer and guitarist late 60s/early 70s) He left these guys for Priest after Al Atkins left and the rest they say is history!

Stratovarius comes to mind. Band formed in the mid-80s, but the longest serving current member joined a decade later.

Here’s a trio one rarely sees:

The Pointer Sisters
Opeth
In Flames

Like Heart, I don't think saying what happened before the band was ever signed really counts.

Even the Wiki article states the 1st incarnation of Judas Priest split up, and then a new band was formed with Ian Hill, who then re-used the name.

If stuff before the 1st record counts, Roth and Anthony are not original members of Van Halen

I envision KISS becoming something of a franchise whereby there will eventually be several touring groups with members dressed like the original four. It'll be something similar to Menudo where the members are easily interchangeable.

They recently announced that they’ll do shows with holograms as the first way for the band to live on.

Similar to and using the same technology as ABBA in conjunction with Industrial Light & Magic.

Apparently starts in 2027.

Well, it sounds like this thread title needs a tweak then

The revelation of KISS miming to tracks doesn't surprise me.

ABBA toured last year as holograms and the prices were extortionate.

I saw Kiss last year and thought they were good, although we got the tickets half price because they were struggling to sell them. I'm not surprised for a second they want to do the hologram thing. Kiss is a business and has always been ran that way

It’s not for me….but I have no issue with the Kiss hologram marketing scheme. Good for them, they’ve always been leaders in marketing. Who didn’t have a Kiss lunch pail in elementary?

But I’d rather see human beings performing. My neighbor is Ace Frehley in a Kiss cover band and I went to see them for the first time…I was very much impressed. They were fantastic. And after I saw the size of the crowd…they’re very popular here. I had no idea.

It’s not for me….but I have no issue with the Kiss hologram marketing scheme. Good for them, they’ve always been leaders in marketing. Who didn’t have a Kiss lunch pail in elementary?

But I’d rather see human beings performing. My neighbor is Ace Frehley in a Kiss cover band and I went to see them for the first time…I was very much impressed. They were fantastic. And after I saw the size of the crowd…they’re very popular here. I had no idea.

Not me. I do have a Bob Ross one. :D

KISS was the 1st band I could communicate with kids my age about. They started to catch up when KISS hit.

My parents were wannabe hippies and my bro & sis were almost 4-5 years older than me. So all I ever heard at home was their music. Montrose, Deep Purple, Moody Blues, Alice Cooper, Brownsville Station, Led, Yard Byrds, Who's Next, Pink Floyd, etc..

When kids got in to KISS I listened and said, Ok, yeah. I can go with you there....finally.

There is no way that I'm paying anything close to "live" concert prices to watch a hologram show, and I've loved KISS for decades.
Maybe when the technology reaches the level of Star Trek's Holodeck, and could be "beamed" right into your living room, then you might have something. Otherwise, I have seen them plenty of times in real life, and will always have those memories.

Too be fair, if a person had never eaten cheese, having it described as "pressed curds of milk" wouldn't relate the full experience, and that uninitiated person could be pleasantly surprised by the actual process of cheese eating.
How much would you be willing to pay for this "experience" if it was one of your favorite bands? $100, $200, $300 and up?
For me at least at this point technology-wise, I would look at it as a glorified IMAX experience, and wouldn't pay more than $50 a ticket to see it.

The idea/concept is right up KISS' alley. Somebody somewhere might pay big bucks to see it, but I think it's really gonna take some time for something like this to be a truly feasible alternative to seeing someone live. Outside of some theme park, like a Disney-run attraction, I just don't think it's ready for primetime yet.

Last edited:
Not me. I do have a Bob Ross one. :D

KISS was the 1st band I could communicate with kids my age about. They started to catch up when KISS hit.

My parents were wannabe hippies and my bro & sis were almost 4-5 years older than me. So all I ever heard at home was their music. Montrose, Deep Purple, Moody Blues, Alice Cooper, Brownsville Station, Led, Yard Byrds, Who's Next, Pink Floyd, etc..

When kids got in to KISS I listened and said, Ok, yeah. I can go with you there....finally.

I love Bob Ross…lol. Such a calming voice. He died way too young.

Speaking of clever marketing….did Gene and the boys ever venture into chia? Bob was way ahead of the game

81QwRS8VzfL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Back