Bands where NOBODY is an original member!

It seems I heard in an interview with Peter Noone a few years ago that one (or some?) past members were touring using the "Herman's Hermits" name. None of them were original members at all. I'm not sure if that's still the case though.

I also saw the Count Basie Orchestra about 10 years ago. Pretty sure none of those cats were original...

Am I alone in being less than enthused by these bands?

There's just something dissatisfying about bands carrying on using the name of the original successful group despite having zero members who wrote or recorded any of the hits for which the group is known. I find it hard enough to swallow when it's just one original member, let alone zero. It's just so... insincere.

Wasn't Andreas kisser an original member? Also the bass player too...
According to their wikipedia:

"Since Igor Cavalera's departure in 2006, there have been no original members left in the band. Although Paulo Jr. joined Sepultura shortly after its formation in late 1984 and is the longest serving member, he did not play on any of the band's studio albums until Chaos A.D. (1993). Kisser, who replaced onetime guitarist Jairo Guedz, has appeared on all of Sepultura's albums since their second full-length Schizophrenia (1987)"

Maybe KISS, eventually?

And from what I hear, Slipknot may eventually fall into this category. The main singer says he wants the band to keep going like a franchise.

According to their wikipedia:

"Since Igor Cavalera's departure in 2006, there have been no original members left in the band. Although Paulo Jr. joined Sepultura shortly after its formation in late 1984 and is the longest serving member, he did not play on any of the band's studio albums until Chaos A.D. (1993). Kisser, who replaced onetime guitarist Jairo Guedz, has appeared on all of Sepultura's albums since their second full-length Schizophrenia (1987)"
I forgot about Jairo, maybe because the record he was in just sucked IMO.

Barely..

Are there any members of Lynyrd Skynyrd still alive?

The current lineup features guitarist and vocalist Rickey Medlocke (from 1971 to 1972, and since 1996), lead vocalist Johnny Van Zant (since 1987), drummer Michael Cartellone (since 1999), guitarist Mark Matejka (since 2006), keyboardist Peter Keys (since 2009) and bassist Keith Christopher (since 2017) The band also ...

bums me out about Grass Roots,.

It seems I heard in an interview with Peter Noone a few years ago that one (or some?) past members were touring using the "Herman's Hermits" name. None of them were original members at all. I'm not sure if that's still the case though.
Barry Whitwam was the original drummer and he's got a band touring with a similar Hermits name. Peter Noone also tours.

Kind of the same for Bow Wow Wow... Annabella has her Bow Wow Wow band, and Leigh Gorman (the original bassist) has his Bow Wow Wow band.

And just how many "Starship" bands are there now?

Back