Anyone else like only one song

Well then, you should be proud of yourself- Resurrection is an absolute banger (y)

Word Todd 🤘

The guy's vocals are just off the scale...... powerful, emotional, totally alpha male, scary and unsettling.

The keys in it are just exquisite and gut wrenching.

The drums are locked right in and deceivingly complex.

The stars aligned that day.

To me it's close to being the perfect song.

OK...I really like the VIBE of this song. I find it relaxing. So I bought it. thanks.
Oh...By the way.....This song IMHO is not a true example of TRAD NEW WAVE....not enough bleeps and bloops and wind....oh wait....this one had the wind......OK.

It has an early 70s vibe to it (Beatles, Byrds).

from a particular genre?

I like ONE disco song (the best one).

Cheryl Lynn's voice and the bass track. Magic.
Love the drums on that too!
It gives me no pleasure to debunk the core thesis of a man's thread - but you can tell me you don't like this - and I'll find it impossible to believe, sorry!
Perfection.❤🌟

Last edited:
I’m not sure what we call this genre but most certainly contrary to my normal listening habits. I like it though.

I was 13 when that song hit the charts. I call it "Nostalgia" 😆
Did like their song 'Dr. Jones' though.

Back to topic. The older i get, the more i start to dig 80's pop music. Couldn't stand it for many years until recently.

Last edited:
I was 13 when that song hit the charts. I call it "Nostalgia" 😆

"Barbie Girl" Single by Aqua from the album Aquarium Released April 1997

Ha! I was 33 when it was released.

Love the drums on that too!
It gives me no pleasure to debunk the core thesis of a man's thread - but you can tell me you don't like this - and I'll find it impossible to believe, sorry!
Perfection.❤🌟

I don't like that even a little. I spilled my drink mashing buttons trying to make it stop.

Not a single song, but the only band (I think of) that I really like from the 90's electronica/rave music, is The Prodigy. Other than that I'm mainly into rock and metal styles, but there is something about them that I can't deny the impact of. Maybe it's sort of the same high energy live performance as a metal show.

Not a single song, but the only band (I think of) that I really like from the 90's electronica/rave music, is The Prodigy. Other than that I'm mainly into rock and metal styles, but there is something about them that I can't deny the impact of. Maybe it's sort of the same high energy live performance as a metal show.

In terms of the only song from the electronica/rave genre that I like is "Where's Your Head At" by Basement Jaxx.

Just brilliant.......video clip is just weird.

Human monkey faces indeed!

Yet the album that the single comes from has an albino gorilla on the cover 🤔

Darwin would be in his element.

Last edited:
from a particular genre?

I like ONE disco song (the best one).

Cheryl Lynn's voice and the bass track. Magic.
Dude
There's so many.

Around the same time as that One--was >

Last edited:

play that Traditional Grip for Chop Exercise

and there's a better one here -->

Last edited:
This Was The Ultimate
play that (I have) in a bar a few times with the right group and you'll never walk on ground again

Bullet in the blue sky.
The rest of U2's catalog I will continue to do happily without.

I'll play:

Back