Any gigs cancelled due to the virus?

Living in Milan. A show I was going to play at got cancelled (this was pre-quarantine) so I was quite pissed since I had to take my snare back to my studio. Well I never got the chance since 2 days later the region got quarantined and I couldn't go out lol. I'm still sitting here with my snare and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to get back to the studio until mid May.

My show at Myrtle Beach just got cancelled for this weekend. County folks pulled all of the permits for any gatherings. I think there were several things happening in the area, and they've all been cancelled.

Last edited:
The local news weekly has a running list of closures/postponements/cancellations for the area, pretty much all events are dark.
Art festivals, concerts, comedy shows, theatres, races, runs...

Some clubs are closing for now, some are staying open, but without musicians or shows.

Last bar gig was Friday night - good crowd. Sat. night gig was cancelled the next day - as the owner said his Fri night DJ show which is always packed was empty. 2 upcoming big shows (balls and galas) this month - postponed!
Streets are light traffic, grocery stores look like a zombie apocalypse tore through.. everyone stocking up for the anticipated lockdown... maybe 15-30 days should kill it.. and 27C weather when it gets here. Lessons learned from Italy.
Keep your distance people 6' or 2 arms length, wash your hands.. don't touch your face and drink water!
This is a really bad one.. I had a viral pneumonia 3 years ago.. which was terrible - this one sounds 10x worse and highly contagious.

Local musicians who have lost their livelihood - set up a group live stream Facebook page - so people can watch live shows from their spaces and donate using e-transfers or paypal etc. Pretty cool idea!

Also I was travelling to NYC for June 5- and as a happy coincidence - got tickets to see Ringo Star and his all-star band at the Beacom Theatre!
Now I'm wondering if that will be cancelled..

No government instruction otherwise as yet so business as usual here so far....played Saturday night - decent crowd.
Gig this Friday is still on at the moment.

luckily so far up here in northern england its business as usual for now, my gigs next weekend are still going ahead....if i dont gig, i dont eat. its that simple :(

Specifically North East England for me but just in the last few hours one group of pubs has announced they’re stopping all bands as of now. Our next gigs at pubs in the group (& to be honest I didn’t even know they were a group) are on consecutive weekends in early May. All we can do is keep a watching brief and see what happens. Tbh I don’t see the point if the pubs are going to remain open, people will still go, they’ll still have piped music, the numbers will be lower but not massively.

Super lame. I have a new project that was gaining a lot of steam and getting solid gigs on the regular.

We're going to lose that momentum now for sure. Hopefully people don't forget us!

I've just had an e-mail from an agent with the low down on what is happening should any bookings get cancelled. I'm based in the middle of England.

I have a small pub gig with a few mates on Friday, still on as far as we know, jam night is still on for Thursday.

Specifically North East England for me but just in the last few hours one group of pubs has announced they’re stopping all bands as of now. Our next gigs at pubs in the group (& to be honest I didn’t even know they were a group) are on consecutive weekends in early May. All we can do is keep a watching brief and see what happens. Tbh I don’t see the point if the pubs are going to remain open, people will still go, they’ll still have piped music, the numbers will be lower but not massively.
im jut across and down in cumbria, hopefully it doesnt come to them stopping as theres only about 7 or 8 venues that do live music here in my hometown, and if they stop all bands will be out of luck :(

IMHO i think some chains are going to use this as an excuse to get rid of live bands so they dont have to pay out for them, and stick to serving drinks/food and piped music.

Had a weekend gig where I played in a house band for a play festival, Thursday through Sunday. We did Thursday, then the rest of the weekend was cancelled.

This normally would piss me off because we wrote new material specifically for these shows, and rehearsed them for MONTHS (and even made an album of those songs), but the good news is that the festival was just rescheduled to June, when the next festival was originally supposed to be.

We were told now by booking agent that everything we have through June is canceled. Will have a lot of time with my wife, dog and time to think.

Even if the gigs are on...I don't know how well attended they would be. It seems like there's a lot less traffic on the roads. People are going into survival mode. I have a gig this Friday in NJ that as of now...no one informed me of it's cancellation. 2 Fridays from now I had a gig in PA. Had.

The governor closed the bars up in the counties hit the hardest in PA.

I just don't understand the toilet paper thing. I've seen some stupid human reactions, but this one takes the cake.

Worst case scenario, you use alternate materials or just friggen take a shower. Honestly people are such idiots.
Ohhh I don’t know, I work in some out of the way places Aleutian Islands, Siberia and remote jungle. Using the local vegetation, stream water, sea water etc. is ok but you will once back in civilisation go straight for that double quilted bleached white toilet paper. it’s not an essential but nor is gas, electricity or petrol/gasoline. It’s just a matter of what floats your boat.

Ohhh I don’t know, I work in some out of the way places Aleutian Islands, Siberia and remote jungle. Using the local vegetation, stream water, sea water etc. is ok but you will once back in civilisation go straight for that double quilted bleached white toilet paper. it’s not an essential but nor is gas, electricity or petrol/gasoline. It’s just a matter of what floats your boat.

I honestly prefer a large, wet leaf. They clean way better than toilet paper. I am a telephone lineman in a very rural area, so I’m kind of a leaf connoisseur.

I have a lot of friends that have had gigs cancelled starting this week. I have been talking to a group of guys about joining their band. There's no rush now.

My wife and I went out for dinner Saturday night between 5:30-6:00. Normally this place is packed. We pretty much had the place to our selves. People in our area are already hunkering down. All the schools are closed. Traffic this morning was very light. I expect it to get worse in the next couple of weeks.

I honestly prefer a large, wet leaf. They clean way better than toilet paper. I am a telephone lineman in a very rural area, so I’m kind of a leaf connoisseur.

OMG a leaf connnoisseur. Any tips?

I am assuming this is only when you run out of the TP that you carry in your truck.

Back