Any gigs cancelled due to the virus?

I was planning to drive 5.5 hours to Cleveland with a buddy to see Devin Townsend on Sunday. Took a personal day on Monday and everything. Just got postponed. Of course that was AFTER our wives already told us we couldn't go.

I bought tickets for Van der Graaf Generator in May, never seen them, we'll see how that goes.

The state of California is saying gathering larger than 250 people shouldn't happen, and Disneyland and CA adventure will be closed starting Saturday till the end of the month.
We have a show on April 9th that is in limbo at this point.

Same here in Oregon. Portland Center for the Arts is cancelling most events larger than 250:

"Portland’5 Centers for the Arts will immediately be following this order for Keller Auditorium, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, and the Newmark Theatre. The wellbeing of our patrons, artists, and staff is of utmost importance to us."

Yes 3 cancellations so far. Music is my main income too, serious bummer.

Apparently this virus has a 2 week incubation period so we can reasonably expect the infected figures to jump sky high.

As much as i hate to say it, lockdown is the best option now and IMHO gigs should be cancelled.

Last edited:
Just got the e-mail. Kids' school closes Monday and onward.

Thank goodness I work from home. I imagine there's a couple hundred families that are F'ed on Monday.

I was planning to drive 5.5 hours to Cleveland with a buddy to see Devin Townsend on Sunday. Took a personal day on Monday and everything. Just got postponed. Of course that was AFTER our wives already told us we couldn't go.

and I didn't plan to go to that show b/c I thought I would have to be at work the next morning...they just canc'ed school today for the next 3 weeks...

our gig on the 20th is still a go...

Just got the e-mail. Kids' school closes Monday and onward.

Thank goodness I work from home. I imagine there's a couple hundred families that are F'ed on Monday.

This is one time I’m glad my wife is a stay-at-home mom. And I’m also glad I’m a telephone lineman. Minimal contact with the public, and at least a guaranteed 40 hours no matter what the economy is doing.

In my business, we call this type of virus resistance "Nerd Immunity"

LOL I’m trying to imagine the absolute opposite job. Flight attendant?

Not only am I outside chasing phone line troubles most of the day, I work in a rural area, so I’m even more isolated. If I was in Seattle, I admit I’d be a lot more nervous....or at least nervous for my elderly parents.

yes, just heard a public concert we had planned is cancelled as are rehearsals until further notified.

a bunch of my students and alums just lost a ton of performances due to WGI Finals, and March Madness going away. Colleges cancelling concerts and musical productions...

I teach a a community college and the President sent out an email today extended Spring break for another week for the students.
When I go back work next week the Administration is going to have an all staff meeting which means a large gathering of people (200+) which I'm sure some have been traveling/vacations to talk about how to get a handle on the virus and the plan of action for the last 8 week of classes ?
I would plan for an extra month off and any meeting being virtual skype meetings, conference calls. In one week, things will be so bad you won't remember today.

We got cancelled for our March 21st gig. Also, the province I live in has banned all gatherings of over 250 people so that means a few of our other gigs will probably get cancelled but nobody has called us yet. Not the worst news since my hand is still healing up from having a tendon reattached after a little accident with a kitchen knife. A couple extra weeks to get my hand healed up is welcome.

Seems like today is when everything has gone crazy. No NHL, no NBA, no Junior hockey, they even cancelled my sons hockey playoffs this weekend. A bunch of big concerts have been postponed or cancelled and some places in Canada are extending March break for school. And we just saw that our Prime Ministers wife has tested positive for the virus. Things are going nuts.

I didn't have any gigs lined up for the coming months, thankfully.

Norway has pretty much closed down. All public gatherings (concerts, cinemas, theatres, etc) are prohibited, so all my friends who were currently touring or had gigs lined up have had the rug pulled out from under them.

Schools, universities and kindergartens are all closed too, so all parents have quite the new daily routine to contend with. At the moment the duration is set to two weeks, but noone believes that it will be over by then. Some predictions say that we're looking at anything between June and October before this starts to blow over.

Last edited:
Back