toddbishop
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• toddbishop
      toddbishop replied to the thread The Ruff.
      No! Non! Boo! (n)(n) Stinkbomb. Bad idea. I don't like it. A roll is a long tone, a ruff is an articulation.
    • toddbishop
      toddbishop reacted to Push pull stroke's post in the thread The Ruff with Like Like.
      Mazur is literally everything that’s wrong with corps drumming, God gave him to us so we could correct what’s wrong with his soul. No Joke.
    • toddbishop
      toddbishop reacted to eddypierce's post in the thread The Ruff with Like Like.
      Really, from Eugene? He seems to have a southern accent, so I assumed he grew up in the south, but maybe it's just that he's been there...
    • toddbishop
      Interesting that he was from Eugene originally. He'd be between my brother's and my generations, I'll ask him if he knew him. Here's...
    • toddbishop
      toddbishop reacted to eddypierce's post in the thread The Ruff with Like Like.
      Speaking of John Wooton, for those who want even more discussion of this topic, here's what he says about the whole ruff/drag thing in...
    • toddbishop
      I mean, Tony Cirone said it should be buzzed, I'm just agreeing with him because that's the circle I was trained in. I'm delighted to...
    • toddbishop
      Yes, and they come to the USA, and American musicians come to Europe, and are aware of how things are done by various Europeans. You...
    • toddbishop
      No, it's up to you to explain why your highly strange birthright theory of rudimental correctness has any validity. And Alain, a...
    • toddbishop
      toddbishop reacted to MattRitter's post in the thread The Ruff with Like Like.
      Thanks for that input. It sounds like the situation is worse than I realized! haha I do recall that there was one famous drummer (who...
    • toddbishop
      Mostly not, music is the thing that fixes problems, for me. That not working would be a sign of real clinical depression to me, and that...
    • toddbishop
      toddbishop reacted to Alex Sanguinetti's post in the thread The Ruff with Like Like.
    • toddbishop
      There's always endless debate about this one thing, I don't know why. Including what to call them, and everything else. They're played...
    • toddbishop
      I had the good fortune of taking a couple lessons with Arnie Lang, who had been a percussionist for the New York Philharmonic. I showed...
    • toddbishop
      Just out of curiosity, what is the question that still lacks an answer, or is still open for debate? I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I...
    • toddbishop
      Or you could provide some kind of support for the conclusion you're making?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back