Angry sellers

13 months is ridiculous. I'm reading long wait times on the forum for other custom orders as well, I guess it is not rare then.
I have no idea what normal non Pandemic Sonor Wait times are... But yea I was quoted 4 months.. then 6, then 18 months.. Luckily it came in 13... and thats only because I lied and told them I was about to start a world tour and needed that TOM asap LOL.... They shipped it directly to me.. Normally it goes on Cargo Ships which adds a month or 2.

But Germany had tough covid restrictions and I think they went through multiple shutdowns.

13 months is ridiculous. I'm reading long wait times on the forum for other custom orders as well, I guess it is not rare then.
They're not going to get any cheaper either. I was perusing some the prices for kits this morning. Starclassic Maple 4 pc 2 up 1 dn in a nice finish = $2999 or more! Those were 2499 or less not too long ago. Ludwig CM prices are up 3-400 too.

I'm hearing that the wait time for an SQ2 kit from Sonor Germany is 8-10 months now. It's getting a bit better lately.

They're not going to get any cheaper either. I was perusing some the prices for kits this morning. Starclassic Maple 4 pc 2 up 1 dn in a nice finish = $2999 or more! Those were 2499 or less not too long ago. Ludwig CM prices are up 3-400 too.

I'm hearing that the wait time for an SQ2 kit from Sonor Germany is 8-10 months now. It's getting a bit better lately.

Yep.. I was able to talk Sweetwater down to 1900 or so for a brand new Ludwig Classic Oak 4 piece kit... It retailed at 2399... BUT now just 16 months later, its selling for 2729 for the same Kit...

and prices will only come down if we stop buying kits.. And that aint gonna happen.

I don't have a horse in this race, but it sure seems to me that telling somebody something what they're doing is wrong with no interest in involving yourself in the thing they're doing, then coming to an online forum to semi-anonymously berate the guy when they don't respond positively to your unbidden criticisms ain't the way to do things.

I think ~3k was a totally fair price for that Sonor.

Last edited:
I don't have a horse in this race, but it sure seems to me that telling somebody something they're doing is wrong with no interest in involving yourself in the thing they're doing, then coming to an online forum to semi-anonymously berate the guy when they don't respond positively to your unbidden criticisms ain't the way to do things.

It's actually quite juvenile to be honest.

I don't have a horse in this race, but it sure seems to me that telling somebody something they're doing is wrong with no interest in involving yourself in the thing they're doing, then coming to an online forum to semi-anonymously berate the guy when they don't respond positively to your unbidden criticisms ain't the way to do things.

I guess some people entertain kids at DisneyLand cause they act like a child.

Public humiliation; trolling; embarrassing yes…. For the OP.

How old are you? How about take the mouse ears off.

Making this forum a better place….. no.

This is my last post about this.. BUT what I do find hilarious about this whole situation is that Bo is selling a DW 9000 Hi Hat Stand and DW 9000 pedal for 500 bucks combined. They retailed for 779.
By his own standard, he should be asking (or "would be lucky to get") 389.50 for the both... BUT ironically he has them listed at 64% of retail cost.... Funny, MY SQ1 KIT SOLD FOR $3200... WHICH IS 64%!!!!!!!!!

just a funny coincidence.

Back