Ludwig announcement tomorrow 2/11/2024

I think someone posted this link in the thread yesterday. This is the link for the new 2024 products. The Musser drum is not listed in the page, but this one is listed as a new product for 2024 - Classic Oak Series .
https://www.ludwig-drums.com/en-us/ludwig/blog/2024-new-product

They already had a demo clip. Here is the new demo clip that Ludwig just posted. That should wrap it up for 2024. Maybe.

Oh gosh !! I love that color on a drum set.

I think someone posted this link in the thread yesterday. This is the link for the new 2024 products. The Musser drum is not listed in the page, but this one is listed as a new product for 2024 - Classic Oak Series .

They already had a demo clip. Here is the new demo clip that Ludwig just posted. That should wrap it up for 2024. Maybe.

OMG a Super Classic drumset! Alert the media 😐

'hmm ^^ from the Joe Morello school of Ludwig drumming.."

Last edited:
I'm still confused. So this is basically saying that someone who was with another company is now with Ludwig playing a kit they have had in their catalog for years and years?

That's like saying a former Sabian endorser is now playing an A. Zildjian 20" Medium Ride and thinking it's earth shattering news.

What am I missing?

Classic Oak isn't new, they have 3 new finishes for that line.

Is that video supposed to get us to buy that kit? It sounds like there isn't a piece of outboard gear that signal didn't touch.........

Is that video supposed to get us to buy that kit? It sounds like there isn't a piece of outboard gear that signal didn't touch.........
Yeah those latest Ludwig vids are wild. Not only is there talking over almost their entirety, the kits are just completely swamped with EQ, comp, gates.

Last edited:
I think her point was she played "Musser" bells in Grade school and now she's "come home"..
Seemed legitimate

Cora is badass enough for Prince, and so is her husband Joshua Dunham is an insane bass player. Not a household name but she cooks.

But more importantly, I learned that Musser is pronounced MUSS-er and not MEWSS-er. And with a little renewed focus on them, maybe they’ll make that Vistalite glockenspiel sooner than later.

Sure seems like an underwhelming product release and strange marketing campaign. Not bud light terrible….but a head scratcher none the less. Do not lose sight of your core customer…listen to them and market products they’ve been clamoring about. 13” BB for starters

Cora is badass enough for Prince, and so is her husband Joshua Dunham is an insane bass player. Not a household name but she cooks.

But more importantly, I learned that Musser is pronounced MUSS-er and not MEWSS-er. And with a little renewed focus on them, maybe they’ll make that Vistalite glockenspiel sooner than later.
I’m sure that Cora is a terrific drummer, but her association with Prince isn’t by itself something that impressive. He’s used several female drummers over the years, but few were in the same zip code as John Coleman.

Back