Recent content by moontheloon

1. moontheloon

Great message to posters of this forum and all musicians

I thought this would be an appropriate quote for this forum and thought it could answer many of the questions that repeatedly pop up with one simple read "you've got to learn your instrument. Then you practice, practice, practice. Then when you finally get up there on the bandstand, forget...
  2. moontheloon

Pinn Panelle covers Skrillex....nice drummer

yeah this has been around a while but these kids are fantastic....perfect cover very good drummer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuunY8BTqNs
  3. moontheloon

Am I suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

unless you have an extremely severe case surgery is absolutely not necessary there are treatments that will keep it completely under control to the point where you will almost forget you have it find a good chiropractor and get treatment I havent felt mine in the slightest for over 2 years
  4. moontheloon

for all you metal cats.....a great video

this cat is awesome first you hear it live camera mic then the same performance processed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZik8pk14Q&feature=player_embedded
  5. moontheloon

the magical unintentional hi hat tap

on my bop kit where I play primarily traditional grip ....the height of my hi hat (which is fairly low when I play jazz) allows me to grab these fantastic taps with the butt of the left stick occasionally when reaching for the rack tom these started unintentionally but I have recently...
  6. moontheloon

strictly jazz drumming forum?

does anyone know of one?
  7. moontheloon

Drum Gloves

gloves? gloves? are you serious? gloves? C'mon Son!
  8. moontheloon

help with "Someone to watch over me"

playing a gig on sat with a bunch of cats I have never played with.....the first time we will play together is when the first tune is counted off sat night.... the woman who is singing wants to do "someone to watch over me" Im assuming its the Ella version.....but she is insisting there be...
  9. moontheloon

your practice regimen

Im curious as to what is involved in some of your practice regimens...... I know what I do.....would love to know what you do... do you warm up and cool down? do you stay on one idea until its locked? do you skip around and work on lots of different things? do you keep a log? do you have...
  10. moontheloon

Mastering the Tables Of Time

anyone else have this book by David Stanoch? I love it.... fantastic approach and the accompaniment of the online video demonstrations is great HIghly recommend it the quote form Tony Williams that was the inspiration for the book... "Its all in time. Don't do things faster; faster...
  11. moontheloon

Solo Development......

......so Im working on a deal with a certain cymbal company.....been in negotiations for about a year....... and they have me booked for a few clinic type performances at a couple music stores and schools..... I have spent about 4 months so far developing this solo Im going to be using ...
  12. moontheloon

A kid on the right track

crazy sick independence for a child. he is gonna put us all out of work one day :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWQ7YAoaswI&feature=player_embedded#at=61
Back