The Level System

jeffwj

Platinum Member
looks like a great teaching tool

trying to buy it but it wont let me check out

Thanks - I will email my editor and let him know about the checkout. I just saw it on the website today. It should soon be available on Amazon, Steve Weiss, and any major music stores.

Jeff

Last edited:

If you go back to the page listed above, and click "buy now" it will bring you to a shopping cart page. On the top you will see the total - on the bottom you will need to select a retailer to purchase from. Since it is brand new, it seems that some retailers do not have it yet. It looks like Stanton's has it in stock as well as Shopatron, Canada's Music Time, and Penders.

It will also be available at local retailers and other online resources.

Thanks again for the support!!!

Great, congratulations! Ordering my copy in just a moment....

Thanks - I hope you like it.

Jeff,

This looks great, way to persevere and get the book published! I am definitely going to check it out.

Thanks - I hope it helps people. It started as handouts from workshops that I taught. Then, over the years, the handouts became a book. I wish that Joe Morello were around to see it. I dedicated the book to him (as well as my grandmother). Morello once asked me in a lesson, "Are you teaching this concept to your students? This is really something that they need to know." So of course, being overly motivated, I wanted to share it with both my students and the world.

Jeff

Last edited:
Congratulations Jeff, I've studied this technique, and the book looks interesting!

Nice playing on your site, I think I've played this arrangement of Satin Doll years ago, I heard all of the hits like I was playing them myself!

Cheers
Alain

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I believe that is the Basie arrangement of Satin Doll. It is a great chart.

Jeff

You have to click on one of the dealers logos below the cart price to order.

Correct. Eventually it will be in music stores, Amazon, etc... But since it is brand new, it seems to be available from some of the retailers on the Alfred website such as Stanton's s, Shopatron, Canada's Music Time, and Penders.

In fact, it is so new that I don't have my copies yet. I talked to Alfred and they are sending them to me this week. So theoretically, some of you may get it before I do!

Jeff

A few people have been asking me where they can get the book (other than the Alfred website) since it is so new. It should filter into most online stores and many music stores. Right now, it is available from Steve Weiss Music. It also seems that Interstate Music has a limited number of copies as well.

www.steveweissmusic.com/product/johnson-the-level-system/snare-drum-books

Jeff

Last edited:
I'm interested in picking up a copy. Do you know if this is available in the UK? International shipping could well be more expensive that the book (which is more than reasonable).

Thank you so much for your interest in my book, It should be available on Amazon as well as Amazon UK. Since Alfred is such a large company, it should eventually be easy to find everywhere. But since it is so new, it hasn't even made it was into Amazon US.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank you so much for your interest in my book, It should be available on Amazon as well as Amazon UK. Since Alfred is such a large company, it should eventually be easy to find everywhere. But since it is so new, it hasn't even made it was into Amazon US.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank you for your reply, Jeff. I look forward to seeing it available in my area soon.

Congratulations Jeff! This looks like a book that will answer a great need for students. I'm looking forward to getting a copy.

Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment. What are the F, D & T notations for?

You have to buy the book to find out. . . Just Kidding!

• Full Stroke “F” — used for loud notes in succession. Starts and ends with sticks pointing upward.
  • Tap “t” —used for softer notes in succession. Starts and ends with sticks in a lower position.
  • Upstroke “u”—used to transition from soft to loud notes. Starts in tap position and ends in the full stoke position.
  • Downstroke “D” — used to transition from loud to soft notes. Starts in the full stroke position and ends in the tap position

So a paradiddle would be D, u, t, t D, u, t, t

Thaks for the kind words.

Congratulations Jeff! This looks like a book that will answer a great need for students. I'm looking forward to getting a copy.

Thanks. I hope you benefit from the concepts in the book.

Jeff

Last edited:
Back