What's your latest purchase?

Well, on DFO, there was a guy with a Elm snare that was almost like dark chocolate and ti was awesome. So, just in talking to gary at Summit, he reminded me that he had already showed me a Sassafras that was close, so, I checked it and yes, the color was way darker than the usual Sassafras you see and it was a 7" depth, I had only one 7", even with Dis cast hoops, he gave me a good price so, I said ok, down deposit and see how you will squueze it not your budget.
Photos from Gary:
IMG_9712.jpegIMG_9713.jpegIMG_9716.jpeg
In fact, this one is more Milk chocolate, which is perfect, I prefer milk chocolate!

And we had discussed for a long time the possibility to have wither a mahogany or a Dark Cherry but only if he finds a really figured board, he finally found one that I like so, another order...i will have time to pay for this one, it will take several weeks to have it bent and finished for the rest. Not sure what size this one will be anyway, not yet.
Photos from Gary as well (And Fat Drummer on DFO for the brightest one, first one)
20221230_164146 copy copy.jpgIMG_0214-1.jpegIMG_9270.jpegIMG_9272.jpegIMG_9273.jpegIMG_9275.jpegIMG_9276.jpegIMG_9282.jpeg

I'd love to know how you get on with it.

After a couple of rehearsals:

Triggering works pretty well. After reading some stuff on the interwebs I was a bit unsure about the performance in this regards, but it didn't disappoint. No double triggers, no crosstalk, no unexpected velocities. It was announced to be pretty loud on hitting (inherent noise), but I didn't notice anything bothering. Loading is slow, the larger the samples, the slower loading a kit. So there's a lot of room for improvement for oneself, i.e. reducing the length or the sample rate or the amount of channels of samples and the like. What's a bit annoying is that from now and then the kit changes on its own. I'm still unsure if it's me accidentally hitting one of the buttons, or if it's kind of cross-talk between the pad and the buttons. Will have to test it further. ATM I'm only using a single pad, the one above the buttons, so that might be an issue, dunno. So yeah, it has its flaws. But the cost effectiveness is quite impressive. I'm pretty happy with it so far and I'd absolutely use it on stage, seems I don't need anything else for my use-case.

an S hoop 14 " batter hoop for my Mapex Mx Maple Snare. 1000% improvement over the crap stock Hoops. Now i can Tune it Low , medium or high. One Moon GEl is all it takes to calm the Overtones as well. Lesson learned . No more $130 snares for me. You get crap Hardware at that price.

A Basix Concept Series drumset,
a 19" Sabian HHX Weckl Legacy crash (on lay away),
a free tote full of 13 damaged flutes,
with assorted guitar & drum goodies from a closing music store.

...and they gave me a dehumidifier! Plugged it up in the music room this morning and it's at 40% already. Turned it up to 60%. Now there's no dread when it's time to practice.

Last edited:
22" Paiste Dark Energy Mk2 ride. Anxious to try it with the new-grass band this weekend.

View attachment 136791View attachment 136792
It was on my list of cymbal to buy but one of the guy here was talking about his new Sabian and I was surprised to see a Sabian I was not aware of, especially being in canada. I listened to it and found in love with so, I posted a down deposit and it should be here at home in August, they had one in stock at my store and cheaper for what I saw online!!

Well, I'm going the rabbit hole with Rides now, I had promised me to NOT buy more ride cymbals than IO could put on the kit so, I have 6 rides on the Kit but there is 2 that need to rotate, the Zildjian A Custom Ride 25th Anniversary 22" and this new one!! Ok, one of the ride, te Artisan Light ride 20" is very washy so, maybe as a special effect ride on the left hand side (Which is where it is right now at 09 O' Clock but as a crash, it's a beautiful one!!!

Ah, well, guilty me, I'm becoming like everybody, having more than one , well, more than even 2, 8 rides!! That doesn't mean I will not have the Dark Energy MK2 22" as well in the future!
Sabain Artisan 40th Anniversary Raw Bell Ride 22%22.jpg

As you may know, I was hesitating for a while to get a hat for my paiste cymbals and was thinking about the Signature dark Crisp and the Master, but wanted to try 13.
I was super lucky to receive an email from Dale's drumshop, they had one used, very noce shape according to the photos at 179$. With 60$ for shipping and with the exchange rate, it's around 350 CAN$, knowing that a new set was 650 and that you usually see them not that much discounted, so, lucky me.

Now, am going to make them rotating or am I going to love it so much that I will want to give it a permanent place on the kit? Will see, here are pictures from them.
362688512_261706979893859_3251873557066446937_n.pngPaiste Twenty Hats 13%22 Used.png

A few things: one of these multi-tom gig bags (love it), a lightweight mic stand (actually surprisingly nice for the price), and a Shure Beta 52A.
1690469302227.png
1690469322554.png
1690469342661.png

I got 2 Jojo Mayer Perfect Balance bass drum pedals new in the box (one is a dealer demo). I really like the quick click collapsing feature so they take up less space.
I haven't played them because I might not keep them.

I also got a 2016 Fender USA Strat, a Peavey 3120 120 wt 3 channel tube head and a Taylor 114CE [Mexican).

Back