What's your latest purchase?

How about a thread to celebrate and marvel at our newest purchases? I know I'll enjoy seeing yours.

Here's mine:

A mixed box of toys. Evans g2 over g1 coated for my yamaha kit, tight screws and trick quick release cymbal toppers.

A quick release hi hat drop clutch, some rods, some brushes, emperors for my saturn kit, and a 20" emad which could go on either of my 20'' kicks. Also a dw cowbell mount.

I'm so happy.

You must post pictures wherever possible.

Non drum related things are encouraged.

Computer software problems so I went from Windows7-Pro to 10-Pro. Lost almost 2G out of over 10G on drumming information like notes, articles and pics. on the transfer. I have it backed up on backup drive now I have to go through and find files that did not come over and replace them with a copy of the files on my back drive. It will take about a week or so. At this time not a fan of 10. It's to much eye candy and from I am reading 11 is not as good as 10. Hope I can get 5-8 years out of 10-Pro as I did with 7-Pro and my wife is still using XP-Pro.

Last edited:
Also a testament to the Pearl's longevity....it has gone through many a gig, had many liquids of all types splashed, spilled or ejected on it over the years.
What liquids get ejected around a drum kit? :LOL: Are you sure you're using this gear properly?

What liquids get ejected around a drum kit? :LOL: Are you sure you're using this gear properly?

To be clear......the most voluminous of liquids were not splashed or ejected by the guy in the driver's seat......but the college and bar crowd back in the day got a little "close" and "intimate" at certain packed venues.

To be clear......the most voluminous of liquids were not splashed or ejected by the guy in the driver's seat......but the college and bar crowd back in the day got a little "close" and "intimate" at certain packed venues.
:) (y) Yeah, 18-23 year olds jammed into a small venue with loud music and booze. Enough grinding in the crowd and somebody's bound to cut loose.

I got a Gibraltar Quick Release hi hat clutch today and guess what? It doesn't fit my Pearl hi hat stand...
Have you tried a Pearl clutch? I'm no expert on hi hat rods, but I think there are basically two sizes. I read somewhere that Pearl and Tama have the same diameter HH rod.

How about a thread to celebrate and marvel at our newest purchases? I know I'll enjoy seeing yours.

Here's mine:

A mixed box of toys. Evans g2 over g1 coated for my yamaha kit, tight screws and trick quick release cymbal toppers.

A quick release hi hat drop clutch, some rods, some brushes, emperors for my saturn kit, and a 20" emad which could go on either of my 20'' kicks. Also a dw cowbell mount.

I'm so happy.

You must post pictures wherever possible.

Non drum related things are encouraged.

Just purchased a new Husqvarna ST227 snow blower. Will be delivered Friday. Let it snow, let it snow.

b43a47c7-0ebf-4f59-af98-772e89058916.jpg

Husqvarna- best lawnmower I've owned. It's an all wheel drive model. They cost a bit more up front but it was worth it not to have to push a mower through the thick wet grass we get down south.. That thing pulls me!

Last edited:
Nice machine. I, too, am hoping for an abundance of white stuff this year. I'll take snow removal over lawn maintenance any day.
Just purchased a new Husqvarna ST227 snow blower. Will be delivered Friday. Let it snow, let it snow.
To you snowfreaks, what is the best base layer/long underwear clothing? I’ve got a lot of ”exterior” work coming up and all I have are skivvies & jeans.

To you snowfreaks, what is the best base layer/long underwear clothing? I’ve got a lot of ”exterior” work coming up and all I have are skivvies & jeans.
I'm warm-blooded by nature and don't get cold easily. Even in subzero conditions, which descend upon my region regularly throughout winter, I don't layer-up the way some people do. A sturdy coat, regular pants, mittens, and a seasonal hat usually do the trick for me. I was made to dwell in Antarctica.

If you're searching for extraordinary warmth, any species of thermal undergarments (which cover the torso and arms as well as the legs) will do the trick. Fruit of the Loom, Hanes, and Jockey all make more than functional versions. Put a shirt and pants over those, along with a heavy coat, and you should retain all the heat you require.

I'm warm-blooded by nature and don't get cold easily. Even in subzero conditions, which descend upon my region regularly throughout winter, I don't layer-up the way some people do. A sturdy coat, regular pants, mittens, and a seasonal hat usually do the trick for me. I was made to dwell in Antarctica.

If you're searching for extraordinary warmth, any species of thermal undergarments (which cover the torso and arms as well as the legs) will do the trick. Fruit of the Loom, Hanes, and Jockey all make more than functional versions. Put a shirt and pants over those, along with a heavy coat, and you should retain all the heat you require.
Warm blooded or just kinda furry?

7EFD1388-49BE-4628-A465-B731305D75FB.jpeg

Midwest winters are so depressing..when it's super cold and windy I damn near need medication. All's I think of is wind chills..frost bite..little animals surviving outdoors..white hazed streets..car breakdowns..i have all of this to look forward to..AGAIN..talk about DEPRESSING..i need light therapy.

It depends on the work cb. If strenuous I go light or mid weight base layers . If sedentary I go mid to heavy weight. It all depends on the conditions , activity level, duration of such and personal biological factors. First …. NO COTTON as a base . I’ve had good experiences with cabelas and bass pro shops stuff and under armor. Any one of your choosing that wicks moisture away from skin to the mid or outer layer. Base layers that don’t wick will keep you cold , so no cotton , I repeat NO COTTON base layers. Overdressing is no good either. The idea is enough clothes with a wicking base layer without sweating too much . It won’t matter how good the base layer is if your wet . I walk a lot to my hunting and fishing locations and will often walk in just the base layers , bb cap , and boots . When I get where I’m going only my feet are damp sometimes from sweat so off those socks come and néw ones go on . I’ll cool down a bit if a little sweaty but before a chill sets in and then put on my outer layers. So it’s the same for feet. With base layers dampness and sweat are your enemy. If you’re wet you’ll never be warm . It took a lot of trial and error over the years( everyone is different) to figure out how to dress properly for most conditions. It actually is a science .

Husqvarna- best lawnmower I've owned. It's an all wheel drive model. They cost a bit more up front but it was worth it not to have to push a mower through the thick wet grass we get down south.. That thing pulls me!

Have a 24hp Husqvarna rider and no problems. My wife and I live on a farm with about 2 acres two mow and still have the main drive belt on. Only thing I have changed out is the battery. People say it still looks new.

Midwest winters are so depressing..when it's super cold and windy I damn near need medication. All's I think of is wind chills..frost bite..little animals surviving outdoors..white hazed streets..car breakdowns..i have all of this to look forward to..AGAIN..talk about DEPRESSING..i need light therapy.
Looks like you're in Iowa. I'm well north of there. You guys don't even have winters. :D

Really, though, winter is my favorite season. Nothing else comes close. I love the serenity winter enforces. The world seems to quiet itself. Summer is a three-month beach party of mischief and bad taste, but winter restores order and dignity to the land.

Back