What's your "day" job?

This.

Attachments

• IMG_20230501_233028_090.jpg
    IMG_20230501_233028_090.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 3
Advertising account executive. I also work P/T in a record store on weekends.

I am a lineman for the county
And I drive the main road

Actually it’s not the county, it’s a major phone company
I like the line in "Wichita Lineman" where he says he's driving around looking for overloads ha ha.

Let me guess...you don't drive around looking for overloads. My guess is no one does. What does an overload look like, melting copper?

That's why we invented overcurrent protection for the copper wires duh.

Maybe Glen should have done just a smidge of research

I like the line in "Wichita Lineman" where he says he's driving around looking for overloads ha ha.

Let me guess...you don't drive around looking for overloads. My guess is no one does. What does an overload look like, melting copper?

Well, Jimmy Webb should have done the research, Glen just sang a great song.
The image in that song is its a lonely job, but I think I'd like that.

I have no idea what an overload would even be. Every once in a while the power guys hold their high-voltage stuff too close to the phone lines, and the induced current will blow out a surge protector or modem. But you can’t see that. The damage is all internal.

Maybe he was singing about fused cutouts that had dropped. Hopefully he went out looking only after outages were being reported. Otherwise that would be quite a time suck

I am a staff accountant, 3rd year in the profession, for one of the local hospitals where I live in Colorado. Summers are tense as our fiscal year ends in June. So it is crunch time as well as auditor season for year in review. During work I do shell up by listening to a lot of music via earphones, eases my mind.
Update - as of May I am now a Financial Controller, not to be confused with Comptroller.

Back