What are you listening to right now?

Go Browns! But you might wanna prepare your secondary for KC.

Back to our regular programming. Going sexy-time today.

6FAB196C-D0A3-450E-9D49-E0E2E54366C5.jpeg

One of my shut up and play yer guitar or return, the cd that is white with music notation in black like a page of sheet music. Love Franks unorthodox playing style, I can listen to him solo forever...

I can't stop listening to this. The groove is infectious. And the drummer is insanely sick. Dig the bass player as well. Impossible to sit still while listening.

And this one is off the charts insanity. Does anyone else hear lots of Vinnie in this drumming? Some exceptional musicianship here.

And this one is off the charts insanity. Does anyone else hear lots of Vinnie in this drumming? Some exceptional musicianship here.

I am, but some members think there’s too much Pro Tools quantizing and/or editing.

I read the interview of their drummer Aron in Drumhead mag. The three of them attended Royal College of Music in Stockholm.

I’m stoked Quincy Jones picked them up!

I am, but some members think there’s too much Pro Tools quantizing and/or editing.

I read the interview of their drummer Aron in Drumhead mag. The three of them attended Royal College of Music in Stockholm.

I’m stoked Quincy Jones picked them up!

Ok. Some of their older stuff, presumably before Quincy took them on, is also pretty damn insane. Have they always used Pro Tools?

Have they always used Pro Tools?
No clue, but some here thought the material from their first album was fake ("retouched" in my parlance). In some early vids of live performance they used a second keyboard player, and they use loops/backing tracks on almost every tune.

Regardless, I really enjoy the covers they did on their first album, and their new material is killer. And now that Quincy is in charge of production, it keeps getting better.

And Henrik the bassist! What great sounds!

Well, their name doesn't attempt to hide the use of extra effects. You can definitely hear layers of voices and synths. But I'm not sure there is much "retouching" of the bass and drums, but I could be wrong. And I agree the tunes under Quincy's direction are fantastic and a step beyond their older stuff. I've had trouble finding "new" music that lived up to my fusion upbringing during the late 70's and early 80's (I call those my formative years). This stuff has got my juices flowing for some new tunes. It's been a long time coming. And yes, Henrik is insane.

I can't stop listening to this. The groove is infectious. And the drummer is insanely sick. Dig the bass player as well. Impossible to sit still while listening.

When I saw the song title, first thing that came to mind was Michael Jackson (I wanna rock with you).
Sounds like I wasn't too far off. An obvious influence.
Nice track.

Elvis

Back