What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. ;)

I've been at the same job for almost 7 years, watched numerous others quit (some on the spot), been reliable and efficient, I get good reviews from customers, and it all seems to mean nothing to my boss, who is something of a martinet and definitely not the best at running a business.
Additionally, this same person recently told me, quite loudly, that "Nothing in your life should be more important to you than this job", which, frankly, failed completely to make me abandon my family.
I'm just about done there.

Authoritative disdain getting to be too much?

Absolutely. ;)

I've been at the same job for almost 7 years, watched numerous others quit (some on the spot), been reliable and efficient, I get good reviews from customers, and it all seems to mean nothing to my boss, who is something of a martinet and definitely not the best at running a business.
Additionally, this same person recently told me, quite loudly, that "Nothing in your life should be more important to you than this job", which, frankly, failed completely to make me abandon my family.
I completely understand. I left my job at the speaker plant for similar reasons. My old boss has anger issues. He solves problems by yelling, intimidating, and belittling people. He did it to me once. It lasted about 15 minutes. I just stood there and took it. I told my wife when I got home if it happens again I'm out of there. Needless to say it started to happen again, so I lost my ?, flipped it on him, proceeded to treat him like a 6 year old, and walked out the door. I dont do well with people yelling at me just because they are having a bad day. I was getting yelled at about Novembers product while it was still October (and my work for the month was done already). Unacceptable.

Absolutely. ;)

I completely understand. I left my job at the speaker plant for similar reasons. My old boss has anger issues. He solves problems by yelling, intimidating, and belittling people. He did it to me once. It lasted about 15 minutes. I just stood there and took it. I told my wife when I got home if it happens again I'm out of there. Needless to say it started to happen again, so I lost my ?, flipped it on him, proceeded to treat him like a 6 year old, and walked out the door. I dont do well with people yelling at me just because they are having a bad day. I was getting yelled at about Novembers product while it was still October (and my work for the month was done already). Unacceptable.

promising me a nickel if I'd "beetle on down to the store and get a pack of smokes."
Times they are a-changin'
My three older sisters used to always send me with 50 cents and a note for smokes...One day (around ten yrs old), it dawned on me...They hardly ever kept the note.
I'm soon to be 56 and smoking's about the only thing I haven't quit.

I quit smoking right after 9/11. I lived in Brooklyn then and the air was so dirty that smoking just seemed like bad after worse.

Watching a video learning all about the Pro Drum shop since I've never been there and it looks like an amazing place of both history and resource.

Last edited:
I made tinctures in 80s. I prefer the whole product. They keep discovering new cannabinoids -two recently one of which way more potent than THC, and yes all kinds of interactions and synergy going on with terpenes. I’ve told everyone since 80s that THC isn’t the only psychoactive compounds. Glad to see I was correct in my observations. The comparisons of today’s hybrids with landrace strains I don’t think are really that valid-though I agree really good more attainable but I often see it’s a mixed bag variable quality rather old every nug about the same. All the hybridization by novice growers is really dangerous you can ruin a species if not careful. The Jamaican landrace is gone because indica introduced and pollen travels miles. People Willy nilly hybridizing hybrids of hybrids spells disaster I warn.

Fascinating. I partook while I was in Cali in 2018, shortly after it was made recreationally legal there, and it was fine. I sat on the couch and laughed for an hour about how my cat used to hide under the coffee table and attack any bare feet that walked by. LOL But the actual high itself is something I can take or leave.

Listening to baroque brass music, as it our family's tradition on Sunday mornings. Although I first put on Jason Vieaux playing lute
works by Bach. Then, when I switched to trumpet pieces, also by Bach, my nearly 20-year-old, actually said, "whoo hoo!" I looked over at her, sitting on the couch, reading on her phone, and asked if she'd really just "whoo hoo'd" the trumpet. She gave me a puzzled look and said, "well, yeah."

LOL
Jared's channel is priceless.

Many deletions on the subject of present day drug activities.

"...do not discuss drug use or any illegal activities, and do not post links to such images or discussions." Stay on subject please.

I'm sitting here wondering why discussing legally purchased medication is considered unacceptable.

We have threads about drinking and drumming. Alcohol is a drug.

There is a thread where people talk about being on medication for heart and diabetes. Again, drugs.

I quit all forms of tobacco in 1988 after smoking for about 15 years. Weed's now legal in Michigan, so I *might* start that back up, but it's been so long and I'm not sure I'd like it anymore. Last time I tried, I didn't like it. Plus, I'm not sure where I'd go to find some. Back in the 70's, I was *the guy.* Yeah, times are a changin'.
Either you missed this or are only picking on some of us. So which is it?

Yeah I was thinking maybe weed an exception. Really Johnny is right though it is a soft drug it is only legal in some States and still against Fed law so I guess we need to go by that since one state has legalized hard. There is to much patchwork so Fed law standard seems appropriate

Yeah I was thinking maybe weed an exception. Really Johnny is right though it is a soft drug it is only legal in some States and still against Fed law so I guess we need to go by that since one state has legalized hard. There is to much patchwork so Fed law standard seems appropriate
Alcohol is still illegal in some places.

No one was talking about any illegal activity.

The county I lived was dry till long after I grew up and left home. The neighboring counties (that sold) and moonshiners made a fortune. It was really stupid for county and package stores right across county line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back