TV Sitcom Drummers

larryz

Platinum Member
I loved the Partridge Family tv show as a kid, and the kid playing drums always intrigued me. I think he could actually play a little but faked a lot as well. I think he played a Ludwig set, from what I could tell.

So that begs the question: who were some other tv drummers? Little Ricky from I Love Lucy, who was/is great I know there were others. Just mindless talk here, but feel free to chime in on your favorites or other drummers that I'm missing.

I can't think of any TV drummer's except maybe Jesse from Full House one time. I can only think of people who show up for one episode and leave. For instance Ricky Ficarelli is backing up some Disney Star on their show.

Then there Movie stars who played drums like Rainn Wilson in The Rocker...

Adam Sandler in Airheads...

Courtney Cox has played the drums a couple of times on her show Cougar Town.

That wacky blond actress Jenna Elfman or something like that had a set of Ludwigs on one episode and Bob Dylan did a cameo and they played one song.

Here's a cool one. Dana Carvey does the Church Lady and rips off a short solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUYfzaU9wYQ&feature=related

The late Bob Crane of "Hogan's Heroes" was a drummer. I saw him a couple of times on television on some variety show performing and he was quite the accomplished drummer.

The late Bob Crane of "Hogan's Heroes" was a drummer. I saw him a couple of times on television on some variety show performing and he was quite the accomplished drummer.

I remember seeing this years ago of course before he died. Bob Crane was a very interesting guy to say the least. I have heard he was actually a pretty good drummer. He used to play in strip clubs and stuff like that. He had many oddball sexual predilections and I think he died during some kinky sex scenario. Oh well.

I always thought he had a thing going with Fraulein Helga, even though he was married. Later, it came out that this was the case.

Ho o o o o o o o gan! Eventually Colonel Klink got him in the cooler for good.

On the show Freaks and Geeks Jason Segel played a character named Nick Andopoplis. There were some story lines that focused on Nick and his garage band drumming. If I remember right, Nick wanted to be the next Neil Peart.

Last edited:
I remember seeing this years ago of course before he died. Bob Crane was a very interesting guy to say the least. I have heard he was actually a pretty good drummer. He used to play in strip clubs and stuff like that. He had many oddball sexual predilections and I think he died during some kinky sex scenario. Oh well.

I always thought he had a thing going with Fraulein Helga, even though he was married. Later, it came out that this was the case.

Ho o o o o o o o gan! Eventually Colonel Klink got him in the cooler for good.

The movie "Auto Focus" covers his life. It's actually a pretty good movie, covering the highs and lows of Bob Crane's life, including his unsolved murder (although the movie points the finger at his supportive killer, even though it is unsolved with a variety of possible suspects).

But yes, he was drummer in real life.

And of course, no thread on TV drummers would be complete without mentioning Bill Cosby.

Although I can't say I recall him ever drumming on TV.

Someone posted on here a hilarious clip of him talking about drumming a few months back.

On the show Freaks and Geeks Jason Segel played a character named Nick Andopoplis. There were some story lines that focused on Nick and his garage band drumming. If I remember right, Nick wanted to be the next Neil Peart.

You beat me to it on this one. I'm sure it's no coincidence that he and Paul Rudd were huge Rush fans in the movie "I Love You Man." Then they got to make this video that Rush played at the end of all the shows on the Time Machine Tour. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq3yjfoorsU

John C. Reilly playing drums in the movie Step Brothers comes to mind. John is actually a pretty good musician in real life. He has composed music for quiet a few films.

I realize it's not a sitcom but thought i would mention it anyway. lol

M.A.S.H.Gary Burgdorf...Radar O'Riley..two or three episodes where he plays and one was a short solo.The guy has chops.I don't have the link but its on youtube.Very Gene Krupa.

Steve B

Well I don't know if John Stamos on Full House counts. He's a drummer in real-life but I think he played a guitarist/lead singer on the show.

Mario Lopez played drums in a few Saved by The Bell episodes.
Demond Wilson played in some Sanford and Son episodes.
Will Smith played in one episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air ( if you want to call what he did playing).

As far as sitcoms that's about all i have that ,i don't think, has been mentiond.

Well I don't know if John Stamos on Full House counts. He's a drummer in real-life but I think he played a guitarist/lead singer on the show.

You are correct. But he did play the kit a couple of times and also played the kit at a gig (in Hawaii I think) on the show with the Beach Boys. I am pretty sure that is right.

Back