THE DRUM MODIFICATION THREAD.

Old Dog new Cans

For anyone that has done resto work on a Premier kit: What size is the air vent and how did you go about removing/replacing it since it goes through the "P" on the badge?
I am looking to wrap my kit in the near future and this is the only thing that has me slightly perplexed. I could just wrap around it, but that would make me insane within a few weeks.
Well, I could NOT find any vent/grommets ANYWHERE that were the same size. So, I drilled out the P just a hair. I bought 3/8" vents--the press in kind from drumfactorydirect.com And I also used this method.

Yes, I used a hammer inside my drum shells! Holy crap, I was just waiting for something to crack. I did a better job than the dude in the video.

someguy01

Well, I could NOT find any vent/grommets ANYWHERE that were the same size. So, I drilled out the P just a hair. I bought 3/8" vents--the press in kind from drumfactorydirect.com And I also used this method.

Yes, I used a hammer inside my drum shells! Holy crap, I was just waiting for something to crack. I did a better job than the dude in the video.

Thank you for this!
And thanks to the rest of you for all the other great tips!

Old Dog new Cans

So I ordered some copper sparkle wrap from Jammin' Sam today. I could not get exactly what I wanted, because what I wanted was just too much for me to handle. I wanted something along the lines of champagne. Precision's Bermuda sand would have ran me $690 for 3 drums Uhhhhhh And Gary called me. He was frank, "its expensive". They use real copper and silver flake to make it. I also considered buying full sheets from drummaker.com. But a member mentioned problems he had heard, I did some searching. That didn't sound completely safe. I also considered some tangerine sparkle and glass glitter etc. Finally came to copper sparkle. I wanted something vintage, I'm starting a Slingerland resto-mod project. I've seen actual Slingys with champagne, and they looked spectacular. Copper will work nicely.

1608430336885.png