The Cigar Lounge!

I've been using a FUM. Anybody try one?
Hey Dave,

This is the first time I actually ever heard of one. I had to do a quick google. The only thing I like about vaporizers is there discreetness. Great for hotel rooms, and when out in public. But I prefer old fashion combustion when it comes to my smoking experiences. :p

All the best
Tony

Hey Dave,

This is the first time I actually ever heard of one. I had to do a quick google. The only thing I like about vaporizers is there discreetness. Great for hotel rooms, and when out in public. But I prefer old fashion combustion when it comes to my smoking experiences. :p

All the best
Tony
It's actually not a vape. It's just flavored air. No Electronics or tobacco. I'm trying to quit a 45+year smoking habit.

Hey Dave,

Yea, I saw that claim. I just figured I would lump it in with the vaps, as it is just an extension of that line of reasoning, technology. The smokless smoke.

I've battled multiple addictions. I used to smoke cigs heavily, and hadn't smoked tobacco for over a decade before taking up cigars. I thought as I don't inhale I would be able to maintain my health at the level I'm accustomed to, and since the smoking behaviour is different than cigs, the addictive potential would somehow be less; I found out I was wrong.

So, I actually have been going through the mental battle of quitting for the past year or so, and finally have made some significant progress. Cognitive dissonance works! But it is sloooooowww. Haven't had one in about 10 days.

I still love them, and enjoy what they provide. But, they have hurt my health and my wallet, and for me, I decided it was best to give them up for now.

Wish you all the best in kicking the addiction. I think it was Hunter S. Thompson who claimed he would actually seek out addiction just for the challenge of breaking it, and the rewards that brings. There is a great sense of accomplishment and sense of control that comes from kicking a longstanding addiction. Hope you get to experience that.

All the best,
Tony

Yes, it's basically the same as sucking on a straw. Or a straw with a cinnamon stix or mint inside. It's more of a thing to do with your hands and mouth that you're so used to doing. I tried tobacco vaping and just coughed myself mad.

Hey Dave,

One of the tools I used to successfully quite cigs was infact sucking on an unlit cig. Totally with you on the reasoning...it works! Maybe try it?

All the best,
Tony

I'm not a cigar smoker or any other kind of smoker for that matter. I do like the "culture" surrounding cigar smokers. Unlike cigarette smokers, you never see them huddled in the snow furiously dragging for a fix. No. They're different altogether. I don't even mind the smell of cigar smoke that much.

When I served in Iraq, real Cuban cigars were everywhere, and cheap too. Iraq had no Cuban import restrictions. A lot of the troops smoked cigars, but it was always back on base when things were quiet and relaxed. You'd never see a cigar outside the wire. Cigarettes? Heck yeah.

The west coast is getting slammed with bad weather, and out here in the desert we're having a week of rain. It's 49°F/9°C here now, and I'm sitting in my back yard under a propane heater, enjoying an iced coffee and a Fat Bottom Betty toro (6x50) from Deadwood Tobacco. Nicaraguan binder and filler with a Maduro wrapper. I know most purists don't care for infused cigars, but I'm an old man with a sweet tooth. I'll take my pleasures as they come.

Screenshot_20240205-141642_Gallery.jpg

Nice! Yea, Im not into the infused, but I love Drew Estate...they really don't produce a bad cigar. Aren't those just flavored at the cap, not actually infused tobacco? Had some a while ago and actually liked the tobacco, but that sweet cap kinda overpowered the tobacco flavor for me. Think it was a Sweet Jane viotola.

They do Maduro really well, and recently partnered with James Hetfield of Metallica to create a new Maduro line, "Blackened M81". Haven't tried it, but maybe some Metalicca fans here would be interested in checking it out.

The Pineapple Express has brought quit a bit of rain...luckily most of it is North from me. Looks like LA has been hit hard!

Anyways, stay safe and enjoy your smokes!

All the best,
Tony

Kinda has a Craviotto vibe or Tama Star Bubinga :ROFLMAO:
The cigar world very much is one with the creative arts world. Growing is considered an art form, processing, curing, rolling, ageing, all considered art forms by the masters. Even smoking itself is an art form in my eyes...it takes experience to learn how to draw a cigar appropriately, and there are indicvivual techniques developed, not necessarily learned, and some are just inately better at it than others. Cigar accessories are well known for using rare woods and materials. Considered beautiful peices of art by some. There are many parallels between the craftsmanship of drums and that of cigars. :)

Check these guys out. Some beautiful peices. I had a cutter and lighter from them. Both broke, within a couple years. So not a fan of there durability or functionality, but as peices of art, they are impressive accessories.

https://brizardandco.com/

Tony

Hey Everybody!
So, after resetting my relationship with cigars...took about 3 months...I am now able to smoke on a random basis, that is no real habitual type smoking.
And this is really the perfect time of year for cigars traditionally...hope you all can get out and enjoy a nice smoke alongside a beautiful spring afternoon..

1000076215.jpg
All the best,

Tony

Sencillo Black Limited Edition 2023 Pirámide (6 1/8 x 54). A puro, made entirely from tobacco grown in Honduras. Habano de Jamastran tobacco for the wrapper, filler, and binder, with Piloto Cubano tobacco added to the filler to balance out the flavor. Like me, this cigar has been described as medium-to-full bodied, slow burning, and leathery, with noticeable fermintation.

20240413_111632.jpg

Now, I don't smoke - and don't intend to - but somehow some cigars do seem appealing. :unsure:

I like to make cigar box synths. I went the cigar store today man that place smells awesome, how old do you have to be to not worry about the long-term effects of smoking?

Hey Smooth,

Not sure about your question. Negative health consequences are definitely dose/duration dependent, and age related. Just listen to your body. If your mouth develops soarness/sensitivities you relate to smoking you may want to take a break until it clears up. If your breathing is not as effortless as before smoking, you may want to take a break until you are comfortable with it again. Negative effects from nicotine are more subtle and harder to perceive. Although you can feel differences in heart rhythms, blood flow through touch sensitivity and body temperatures.

It's also highly dependent on the individual.
If you are living a clean, healthy life with the exception of cigars, you can still be quite the specimen.
If you have many unhealthy habits in addition to cigars, the negative effects will surely be amplified.

Generally, long-term effects are reached after long-term use.

Not sure if this is helpful but felt obligated to give some sort of response.

Tony

Hey Smooth,

Not sure about your question. Negative health consequences are definitely dose/duration dependent, and age related. Just listen to your body. If your mouth develops soarness/sensitivities you relate to smoking you may want to take a break until it clears up. If your breathing is not as effortless as before smoking, you may want to take a break until you are comfortable with it again. Negative effects from nicotine are more subtle and harder to perceive. Although you can feel differences in heart rhythms, blood flow through touch sensitivity and body temperatures.

It's also highly dependent on the individual.
If you are living a clean, healthy life with the exception of cigars, you can still be quite the specimen.
If you have many unhealthy habits in addition to cigars, the negative effects will surely be amplified.

Generally, long-term effects are reached after long-term use.

Not sure if this is helpful but felt obligated to give some sort of response.

Tony
I guess if I had one onetime, it wouldn't be much different than eating potatoes every day.

Back