Sonor's SQ2 configurator is down!

I'd bet on cost-cutting measures to account for current global affairs followed by the "new and improved recipe!"-marketing treatment. Increased activity on that front in other places as well. One could argue the program was due for a makeover, it's had a pretty long run by now.

Good to know I'm not the only one who spend a lot of time with it.:ROFLMAO:

I noticed it went down the same day of the fire so they could be related. It could be that Sonor doesn’t want a backlog of drum sets to build so they shut it down.

Attn. Supergrobi:
We need your help, drive to Bad Berleburg to see what's happened for us.
Being a representative of the finest drum forum on the internet, tell them we demand answers!

Last edited:
Who remembers DW’s kit builder? I remember spelling every chance I could in the high school library building my dream kit.

I would love to put together a kit on there every few months and see the price tag hint at 'you should win the lottery, boy!' xD

Who remembers DW’s kit builder? I remember spelling every chance I could in the high school library building my dream kit.

Oh man, i have dozens of screenshots of ridiculous sets i used to make. Like two 28" bass drums, but with woofers on both sides of the drums... and then have a single 16" tom in the middle and the 21" and 23" gong drums as floor toms (one left, one right). Good days :)

Seems it wasn't that bad.

833befc2-aa14-11ec-b123-7bb90220628e.jpg

A defect in one of the machines set it on fire, so it burned out. This also affected one of the warehouses containing components "for drums". It was a smoldering fire, so it's more about sooty parts than of a cataclysmic destruction. Claim is about six-figured by now until they examined the entire site.

Yeah, it's working again.
I'd bet on cost-cutting measures to account for current global affairs followed by the "new and improved recipe!"-marketing treatment. Increased activity on that front in other places as well. One could argue the program was due for a makeover, it's had a pretty long run by now.

Good to know I'm not the only one who spend a lot of time with it.:ROFLMAO:
5 years ago, the configurator had a makeover when they started the 3D renderings, I think it's still very popular and useful.

Back