Random Thoughts II

Quite the quote! Should be on a t-shirt.
But true. The number of people I meet who consume their valuable lifetime being overly precious & self orientated is saddening.

Did I mention that I didn't play well?
Nobody thinks they played well on their first gig. The fact that you stepped up on a stage after such a short time on the instrument is nothing short of super epic!

BTW, my childish giggling boy brain can't past the instructional interpretation of your new username ;)

Played a Saturday Night gig.

Compensation: 2 pints and a large mug of good ol' India Pale Ale. And a Coke. I was offered a meal, but I don't like drumming on a full belly.

Worth it? Sure. why not?

Welle Elle, telle!

Silly 20 char rule

There was no feed and the amp placement made it so that I couldn't hear them well, like I do in practice, so there were several timing issues.

I was nervous, but I suppose it could have been fun if my playing was better.

Maybe.

With a couple drinks beforehand. :|

BTW, my childish giggling boy brain can't past the instructional interpretation of your new username ;)

OK, it's NOT just me!! lol

I am right there with you both. Randomly of course. 🤓🤓

Down, boys. ;) (My childish brain can't not link beasts with mounting)

I hadn't really thought that part through! I came up with a few ideas, and then someone waved a magic wand and I turned into a volcano. Well, turned into implies that I wasn't one before, but there you have it.

Maybe we could play a new game called Change Elle's Username Every Month? I think I'd quite like that. The rule would be that the word elle would have to appear somewhere in the name.

I was nervous, but I suppose it could have been fun if my playing was better.

It's acshly the other way 'round Mademois-Elle.

If you have fun, your playing is better.

Massive kudos to you for playing your first gig so early in your drumming career. You will not believe how quickly you and your band will improve.

Finally able to resume a "normal" life, the last 3 weeks have been overwhelming, frustrating and exhausting, but it's all good in the end ;)

Finally able to resume a "normal" life, the last 3 weeks have been overwhelming, frustrating and exhausting, but it's all good in the end ;)

Henri, did you move again? It seems you haven't been settled down totally for a couple years at least. Running from the cops again? Need a secret agent to help? I did notice your non presence here lately. You missed the Yolanda (my new walnut drums) fiasco.

You should write a song about it. Make it a rumba.

If I did wrote a song about it, it wouldn't be a rumba...

Henri, did you move again? It seems you haven't been settled down totally for a couple years at least. Running from the cops again? Need a secret agent to help? I did notice your non presence here lately. You missed the Yolanda (my new walnut drums) fiasco.

No I didn't move... as yet!

I'm always running away from something, you should know that!

A secret agent is always helpful, where were you when I needed you?

I didn't have the chance to comment on your new Yolanda threads yet, but I've followed the story so far.

I live pretty close to the Augusta National and the Master's Golf Tournament. Just wanted to give a big congratulations to our UK members with Danny Willett becoming the first Englishman in 20 years to win the Masters Tournament. I'm not a big golf fan but it's a big deal locally here and I thought a "kudos" was in order.

Over the last two days I listened to 'Hopelessy Devoted to You' 40 times, and 'Greased Lightning' 30 times, as our school holds auditions for 'Grease'.

I don't really want to hear either song ever again. (Or 'We go together, like ramma lamma lamma') But I'm going to hear them constantly for the next five months...

Over the last two days I listened to 'Hopelessy Devoted to You' 40 times, and 'Greased Lightning' 30 times, as our school holds auditions for 'Grease'.

I don't really want to hear either song ever again. (Or 'We go together, like ramma lamma lamma') But I'm going to hear them constantly for the next five months...

Ha! I love the Grease soundtrack, but if I heard those songs that many times, I might get tired of them too.

Back