Random Thoughts II

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
There are a few models out now that are self parking and I think that is as far as I wish to go. Many of us are nervous riders when a family member or friend are the driver. I don't think we are going to trust a computer to navigate a busy afternoon commute.

KamaK

Platinum Member
There are a few models out now that are self parking and I think that is as far as I wish to go. Many of us are nervous riders when a family member or friend are the driver. I don't think we are going to trust a computer to navigate a busy afternoon commute.
I'm a bigger fan of the augmented driving features... A car that will pull itself over if a driver becomes incapacitated, a car that will break if a driver isn't paying attention and is about to rear end something, etc.

But ultimately, I'd be happy if my windshield wipers didn't fly off the car, the sliding door didn't open randomly when I hit a bump, the rear bonnet didn't recoil on its own while loading groceries, and all the other trouble that I have with my Sienna. I swear that in the 3 years that I've owned it, the check-engine light has been on 95% of the time for one reason or another. O2 sensor, coil, etc.

Service has been a joke as well. When I reported that a 2'x2' piece of sheet metal fell off the bottom of the car, the response from Northway Toyota was "That was probably just a piece of heat shielding, you don't need that". They then proceeded to tell try selling me on their trade-ups program. Frustrating.

I can only imagine the hardship that owning a vehicle can place on a person less fortunate than I.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
What happened to Random Thoughts 1?

I don't like cars making decisions for me.

If I'm riding on a rail, that's OK. Driverless on a rail. I don't want a car pulling over on it's own accord. Or not allowing me to use it if it thinks I'm incapacitated.

Rochelle Rochelle

Google is leading the way in the self-driving arena and they haven't made any previous cars so I have some faith in them. Of course it's a long way off when every car on the road is self-driving but I think it will make a world of difference. It can't get any worse.

Mount Saint Elle'ns

Silver Member
I played out for the first time. It was an open mic at a bar, so I was expecting something simple, like a little set up in the corner, but there was a nice stage, with a really cool vintage kit, and there were lights and curtains and steps and stuff. :|

Did I mention that I didn't play well?

Morrisman

Platinum Member
Random question - why does a picture of a girl in white underwear randomly appear above our posts sometimes? Any ideas on how to get rid of her?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Elle give us the details then we can all take turns regaling you of our own similar experiences. It happens and yes it is frustrating (and in one personal case unbelievably embarrassing and humiliating) but is one of the great motivators to push yourself to do better the next time (you don't get that playing at home). Welcome to the club.