Question for LiveBPM users

How often do you hit that C button?

• Total voters

llewis13

If you use the app for gigs or rehearsals - how often do you clear the tempo history?

Playing a ballad after something uptempo seems to give questionable results, but maybe that's just me?

Just now downloaded the app (for my iPad 6th gen). I'm interested in seeing if it will let you import an audio file and output a bpm history file. (rather than having to hold the iPad near computer speakers and have to wait for the song to finish before seeing the bpm history)

Never. It sits in my music stand & I just let it run. I look at it when I need to, ignore it when I don’t.

The app can be twitchy, sometimes it shows half the actual tempo we’re playing at, and waltzes give it a headache, but I use it to show whether we are varying the tempo, and it’s great for that.

:)

I just let it run. I didn't know that you could clear it!

Like Huw said, sometimes it shows half the actual tempo. But it’s more accurate when you use the slider to target a tempo range.

I used to look at it too much and it made me try to compensate too much. Now I ignore it more and my time stays more consistent.

I let it run. I knew for the C button, but I didn't care.
It's just a way to check my stability.
It's really a great tool.

Usually when I stop playing for more than a minute, I'll clear it. But then I'm a guy who hates having unread emails, notifications, etc. so I'm probably a little OCD on that score.

Question about the Live Bpm, where do you position the phone when you play?
I set it on the floor next the bass pedal, it’s not very clean. But readable and practical thought.

I use the app all the time. I did not know about the Clear button. I'll have to try it and see if it makes a difference.

I set it on the floor next the bass pedal, it’s not very clean. But readable and practical thought.
One of these, clamped to the hi-hat stand just above my left knee.
1701411097371.png

I have a phone holder like Al's above. I then constructed a bracket with a 6" piece of metal tube that screws onto to the top of my music stand . I clamp the phone holder to that tube.

I feel out of the loop...

I'm just now discovering this is a thing. Are there different versions of LiveBPM? I see "Beat Counter" and "Beat Detector". Are these actually the same or is one an upgrade over the other? One site I saw seemed to have awful reviews of it, with most people complaining of inaccuracies or simply not registering.

Does this only work for simple "2 & 4" music? Does ghost notes, shuffles, comping, etc. mess up the readings?

I feel out of the loop...

I'm just now discovering this is a thing. Are there different versions of LiveBPM? I see "Beat Counter" and "Beat Detector". Are these actually the same or is one an upgrade over the other? One site I saw seemed to have awful reviews of it, with most people complaining of inaccuracies or simply not registering.

Does this only work for simple "2 & 4" music? Does ghost notes, shuffles, comping, etc. mess up the readings?
I'm only aware of the one app. It does struggle with anything other than 4/4 (it kind of futzes up with 3s and 6s) and often will count a slower tempo doubled up (i.e. an 80 bpm beat at 160). I find that it's still very helpful because whatever tempo it does detect, it shows if you're staying constant. It's made me very aware of where time flexes in a song and I've become much better at keeping solid tempos without a net because of it.

I've got clear heads on my toms, so I put it on the floor under my floor tom at just the right angle that I can see it through the drum.

I've already got a tablet clamp for my hi hat stand so it would be too cramped to add another clamp.

Back