Post your Gig Pics

Here's a few pics from a series of shows I played in Las Vegas last month. Pardon the pics from the show that mostly feature the backing vocalists. They're so much more of a draw to photograph than goofy old me... ;)

This was my first time in a long time using a backline kit, and the first time ever it was actually as nice as requested. This was my first time playing a Recording Custom drumset and I really liked it. It was really easy to dial in and every drum spoke so clearly and had a lot of clarity. On the second leg of our mini tour the second (not my) kit was a Yamaha Tour Custom. WOW, that was a nice set! Super light and super resonant. I think if the lack of buzz is any indication that is a real sleeper kit.View attachment 144267View attachment 144268

View attachment 144261View attachment 144262View attachment 144263View attachment 144264View attachment 144265View attachment 144266

Really like your kit alot.

Front view of the rig from the job in Hanford tonight. I really love playing the little towns here in the CA central valley. Our clientele is mostly made up of agriculture people (farms and dairies) who work crazy hard during the week and party equally hard on the weekends. 🙂 Salt of the earth crowds. 👊

IMG_3752.jpeg

Wrapped up my second job with this new to me bamboo snare tonight. What a fine instrument. It sounds just like a quality snare drum, but a couple of things stand out to me: 1) the cross-stick sound is exceptional, and 2) there is significantly less sympathetic wire buzz when other instruments are in the mix. Both are winning qualities in my book.

IMG_3774.jpeg

I love the blue light on the bass drum head and the green light illuminating the floor tom head from below. That’s courtesy of my duo partner, who’s one of those artsy-fartsy creative types who loves setting up mood lighting.

Last edited:
Coupla pregame pics from the country club gig in L.A. tonight. Going all in with the 18” Thin Flat as my only cymbal (+ hats). Best part so far is this amazing ‘69 Bronco in the parking lot. Dream vehicle right there! Owner must be a Tony fan. :love:

IMG_3801.jpeg

IMG_3802.jpeg

Coupla pregame pics from the country club gig in L.A. tonight. Going all in with the 18” Thin Flat as my only cymbal (+ hats). Best part so far is this amazing ‘69 Bronco in the parking lot. Dream vehicle right there! Owner must be a Tony fan. :love:

View attachment 145332

View attachment 145333
How do you like the flat? I still say the pst7 line is a perfect choice if they decided to make a budget flat below the 2002.

• Like!!
Reactions: RVC
How do you like the flat? I still say the pst7 line is a perfect choice if they decided to make a budget flat below the 2002.
This was my first experience with a flat in a gig situation and I absolutely LOVED it! My duo partner did as well. This was an uber-quiet situation but those make up probably 75% of my gigs, so this cymbal will be getting a TON of use.

It sounds pretty much exactly like all the various demo videos on YouTube of it. Beautiful stick articulation that never gets washed out, even though it’s a thin 18” (1440 grams). The crash sound is muted, but somehow still sparkly, and stays under the din of the music. Basically only two sounds, but incredibly useful sounds for this particular application.

Here’s a front view of the rig. The new to me bamboo snare is quickly becoming a favorite, and the D4 on the floor tom gave me a bit more of what I was looking for sound wise over my usual e604. The D-vice is an inferior mount, though, compared to the mount on the 604, in my opinion. Can’t really define why, other than it just doesn’t feel as secure.

IMG_3800.jpeg

Back