Post your Gig Pics

Last night's Christmas concert performance at our local performing arts center. Two standing ovations, not too shabby! Everything from "Carol of the Bells" a la Mannheim Steamroller to traditional Ecuadoran Christmas songs, with some jazz and Amy Grant in the middle. 20211203_104959.jpg20211203_115917.jpg20211203_182329.jpg

Pic from my gig the other week. Kit is my Summit Drums Travel kit. 20 x 10 bass, 12 x 6 rack tom and 14 x 7 "Floor tom" - snare is the version 2 Sonor Benny Greb. The Summit kit is steamboat single ply flame maple with reinforcing rings. Cymbals are all Paiste. 15" 602 Modern Essentials hihats, 17' Traditional thin crash, 22" Traditional Light ride and 20' Masters Dark Crash/Ride. I use this kit for the majority of my playing situations these days. They sound killer and are so portable.A6D5F0B6-703E-4B0C-87F2-C4A6C9BF0DC6.jpeg

Couple weeks back at a local brewery. I'm tucked in the back, can't see my kit. That night I was running a 3pc Tama club jam mini 18" bass drum and 12" snare drum with the 14" floor tom from the add on tom set, Calftones all around. This night I was using the Zildjian I series essentials pack with the 14" hats and 18" crash/ride I mentioned from a different thread. We aren't a super loud band but this situation turned out to be suited for a solo acoustic guitar player... Not a full band of any sorts. We showed up and found out we have to play dirty garage rock with the restraint of a jazz combo doing a cafe gig. It ended up going really well, we absolutely nailed it, and we got a ton of compliments.

IMG_6193.jpg

First gig of the new year a coupla nights ago. Usual suspects except for cymbals. It was a larger outdoor venue so I decided to bring some big’uns. 17” Steve Jordan copycats, 24” Giant Beat and my 21” Light Dark. As a little tip of the cap to Charlie circa ‘68-‘77, I’m also leaving the left side cymbal out for the foreseeable future. I like the thought process it stimulates.

C6C13DAB-3999-49B0-9DC9-C9974199BFCC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
First gig of the new year a coupla nights ago. Usual suspects except for cymbals. It was an larger outdoor venue so I decided to bring some big’uns. 17” Steve Jordan copycats, 24” Giant Beat and my 21” Light Dark. As a little tip of the cap to Charlie circa ‘68-‘77, I’m also leaving off the left side cymbal out for the foreseeable future. I like the thought process it stimulates.

View attachment 112481
Who's Beth Chaney?

Back