Old User Titles - Or: How To Re-enter The Game Of Thrones

I guess I'm actually Diamond, if that matters. Shine on you, crazy diamond.

Reactions: iCe
Seems you actually are :)
Keanu Reeves GIF

Because the topic popped up recently here's a short explanation on how our user titles work:

It basically depends on the amount of postings. Additionally there's custom user titles which can be given to users by an admin (e.g. @JimmyM 's title). Here's a screen shot of the current standard titles list:

View attachment 112555

But. The forums once was based on a different software, so the database had to be translated. It seems the import/export has set the old titles as custom user titles, so users from before the transition will be stuck on their titles.

giphy.gif

If you experience a difference between your title and the list above and you feel like re-entering the game of thrones, please leave a comment in this thread or inform (preferably) me or another admin to remove the custom title from your user account.
I like the current titles, not sure if mine is custom or not, but I would like to continue playing.

I like the current titles, not sure if mine is custom or not, but I would like to continue playing.
Just checked, you're in the game already :)

Wow, sorry I missed this informative thread when I started another about the same thing. @Markus feel free to delete or lock my "types of members" thread.

I’m at over 6,000 posts, but I’m stuck in the old algorithm at Platinum Member. It doesn’t bother me. I was hoping maybe one day I could get a cool, customized title like Larryace’s Archnemesis or something…
I'm over 3,000 and am still a "silver" member (even if my hair color is too). :LOL:
Anyway this can be fixed?

I'm over 3,000 and am still a "silver" member (even if my hair color is too). :LOL:
Anyway this can be fixed?
Is my mind playing tricks on me, or did I see a post (somewhere?) where one of the mods said he would fix this for you?? Maybe we need to start a petition on your behalf, lol!? :rolleyes:

Is my mind playing tricks on me, or did I see a post (somewhere?) where one of the mods said he would fix this for you?? Maybe we need to start a petition on your behalf, lol!? :rolleyes:
It's been fixed.

On a personal note:
":rolleyes:" huh? Really?
I was just making a point that if you're going to have a rating system, be sure it's used. Otherwise, make everyone a "member" & call it good.

Did you already know this? If so, then why the cutdown?

Did you already know this? If so, then why the cutdown?
No I did not know that. And my use of the "eye roll" emoji was not meant to be a cutdown directed toward you or anyone else. I thought I was being supportive toward your issue. Looks like I stepped in without understanding the entire backstory. My bad.

Please accept my sincere apology.

No I did not know that. And my use of the "eye roll" emoji was not meant to be a cutdown directed toward you or anyone else. I thought I was being supportive toward your issue. Looks like I stepped in without understanding the entire backstory. My bad.

I didn't read your post as a cutdown - I thought you were being supportive. I think it's just a vagary of the written language. It came across a different way to the commander.

No worries, Mate...The eyeroll is commonly used to mean "so over it" or "duhh, you didn't know that?". That's why I was confused about what was going on. All is well. 👍
I think it's just a vagary of the written language. It came across a different way to the commander.
Deciphering meaning thought typed words has always been a struggle in this texting world. All is well for sure.

Does anyone know what numbers change your member status according to your messages and reaction scores?

I'm still a silver member but thought after I hit 2000 on my reaction score it was going to change, but it didn't.

It may also have to do with how long you've been a member.

I think I regaled the tale of posting a supportive-agreeing comment to a post on Facebook that my sister had made. Thus began about a 3 year period of she not speaking to me LOL. I keep telling folks the road to Hell really is paved with good intentions. I could write a book on my "good intentions" blowing up in my face like a hand grenade. Maybe my definition of "good" is all screwed up? Anyways I don't think people realize how much of language is also in person with inflection , facial expression and body motion too. Losing my hearing and subconsciously adapting to reading lips I became more aware how much of language you can read in looking at a face (COVID and masking made life hard for me-might as well been in an isolation chamber). That's why anything important I want to discuss with someone I want to do it in person. Not some insane text thread.

OK... now I understand. I thought it went by your reaction score because because I have over 2,000 and I was wondering why my member status didn't change. As far as my posting ... I have a ways to go it's only 1547. I was looking forward to being a gold member. I'll have to dream up some more post. LOL

Back