Old User Titles - Or: How To Re-enter The Game Of Thrones

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
Looking at the current titles as of right now, if you remove Caddys stuck title and put him on the current plan, his title just goes away. Only those of us with a stuck title are currently showing. Everyone else is blank:
Nice one! Since I never use the forum on a mobile device I haven't seen this effect by now. But true, whatever theme you have selected, below a certain screen width generic user titles are hidden.

Doraemon

Will these apply to only new members or new "achievements" or to all? Will it overwrite previously held titles?

Doraemon

Nice one! Since I never use the forum on a mobile device I haven't seen this effect by now. But true, whatever theme you have selected, below a certain screen width generic user titles are hidden.
I see the same issue on desktop using a 27" display... (2560 pixels, emptied cache, default light theme or any other, chrome, firefox, safari).

Last edited:

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
I see the same issue on desktop using a 27" display... (2560 pixels, emptied cache, default light theme or any other, chrome, firefox, safari).
True!

I'm seeing this on my desktop. Yesterday, it all seemed to be working fine.
This screenshot might explain the issue:

Bildschirmfoto_2022-01-12_18-04-30.png

:ROFLMAO:

some-random-dw-admin-dw-user-titles-list-439960-1.jpg

(SCNR)

Will fix it.

acsunda

CanI just be a member or active member? I'm still listed as a junior member, and while I don't post super often, and am sometimes away for long stretches, I've been here since 2014. I feel like maybe I've graduated from junior member.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
CanI just be a member or active member? I'm still listed as a junior member, and while I don't post super often, and am sometimes away for long stretches, I've been here since 2014. I feel like maybe I've graduated from junior member.
Done.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I still "think" it should be Hydrogen member, Helium member, Copper member, Lead or Aluminium member, Sliver member, etc. It's Elemental Watson!!!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I still "think" it should be Hydrogen member, Helium member, Copper member, Lead or Aluminium member, Sliver member, etc. It's Elemental Watson!!!
Why not make it wood based? Mystery wood, Luan, Birch, Maple, Walnut, Mahogany, Padauk, Rosewood, Ebony, Unobtanium. That would open up a real can of worms arguing wood species ranking, & likely provide us mods with loads of fun hammer opportunities - yay :)

TK-421

I'm currently a Senior Member, but if I book a trip through the User Title Wormhole, I'll come out the other side as a Silver Member. Which to me isn't any better. I think I'll hold off until I can convert to at least a Gold Member—unless the powers that be can make me a Dark Force Member. That would be cool.

Since a high number of posts doesn't have to mean that a user is a competent drummer, I'll vote for reverse titles like this:
1-10 : touring pro
11-100: avid student of drumming
1000-2000: has played drums in the past
30000+: rambling bot (fixed from 20000 to 30000 so I don't get into trouble with two mods at once :) )

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
How about you post a video of you playing drums or videos of gigs or some evidence you've played drums, so we know it's not like Wikipedia and some poser. Then everybody will pretty much know each others level and no one has to get all butt-hurt over a slight because a title. I appreciate the pros, in between, and newbies. I always see myself as a newbie in many ways-because there's just so much I don't know. The number of posts isn't very meaningful-other than indicate how long someone a member or just how much they post. Maybe we should have Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior for years and then after 4 years you'll be given a title fitting from interactions with fellow members. So fellow members will name you-or maybe a committee??? No one can dub me The Ass-end-tine King either.

How about you post a video of you playing drums or videos of gigs or some evidence you've played drums, so we know it's not like Wikipedia and some poser. Then everybody will pretty much know each others level and no one has to get all butt-hurt over a slight because a title.
It was a joke and I don't have a problem with the titles. :) Just revamping the old discussions we had about member titles potentially misleading other members.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
this is all starting to feel like high school again...all of the cliques

looks like it is back to fat, nerdy, metalhead Dungeons and Dragons world for me...

....wait, did I say "back to"? I am still like this and LOVE IT