Old User Titles - Or: How To Re-enter The Game Of Thrones

Hewitt2

The higher number of posts, the less practice a drummer gets.

Somewhat along those lines, I’m not a big follower of members who just amass massive post counts in a fairly short period of time. It’s a bit of a scattershot machine-gun approach “full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Interestingly, those with less posts over a longer period of time tend to impress me more.

I worry sometimes about the lofty titles some of these members amass and the impact it may have on newer and more impressionable members/drummers.

But the good thing about this forum is that we have straight shooters who call BS when they see it.

cbphoto

Diamond Member
How many levels can there be?

index.php

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Can we exchange our post number or reaction score for bitcoin?

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
Can we exchange our post number or reaction score for bitcoin?

Sure! Your message count would convert to 7,187E-8 BTC, which translates to $3.14. Transaction cost currently is at $12.99 (inflation, you know...), so please send the missing $9.85 to my banking account and I'll immediately take care of the rest. Happy customers is always the highest goal, that's why we offer this awesome support to all our users!

giphy.gif

iCe

Silver Member

C.M. Jones

Diamond Member
Having just returned from a multi-week forum recess, I'm delighted to learn that membership levels have been revised and clarified. I was uneasy bearing the title "Drum Authority." It was somewhat stratifying and misleading. "Platinum Member" is a lot more welcoming, as it conveys the breadth of one's content rather than the command of one's knowledge. In the end, we're all just members doing whatever we can to assist and entertain each other. Keeping our statuses as equal as possible is the best way to foster a spirit of comradery.

Thanks to our admins for ensuring that we function cordially.

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Wow so I'm celebrating 15 years here-2007 it was near end of my Mr Mom stint. I can't believe it-the only organization, group I haven't been banned or kicked out of for misbehaving or just gotten myself into some predicament/drama-you'd think I'd be better from stepping in it growing up cleaning a dog kennel-but nope. But here I've been civil and haven't lost my temper with anyone. Just comments removed which has always been fine by me-I can get carried away. Still I've really changed-I think my kids had a real positive effect on me back then. I like me now-my wife, kids and friends like me. So I had to have changed ROFL.

C.M. Jones

Diamond Member
Well, my time as a Platinum Member spanned only a few days. Having just crossed the 5000-posts threshold, I'm now a Diamond Member. These abrupt identity transitions are most disorienting. I'll probably awaken tomorrow morning to learn that I'm a Plastic Member. :D

Last edited: