Odd, Rare, Super-Advanced, Drum Books

That's from Really Good Music or Really Good Publishing-- it was run by the pianist Geoff Keezer's dad, and he passed away in '20 or '21. They put out a bunch of interesting books by Marv Dahlgren. You may be able to get them by contacting Keezer directly:

I’ll give it a shot!
Thanks!

Depends on the definition of "advanced". Some can be physically demanding, others just challenging to read. But to me, and probably others, it's the concept itself and to wrap your brain around a musical idea that challenges your core. Gavin Harrison's "Rhythmic Illusions" and Rhythmic Perspectives" have been out a good while, and I had them open around 2004, but that's where I want to go. The concept of metric modulation, implied metric modulation, nested tuplets and advanced polyrhytmic endeavors isn't new, but these are excellent for what they are.

Another one that looks really easy (in the same line as "New Breed") is Minnemann's "Extreme Interdependence". Just the warm-up pages took weeks to get through. The Latin version of this would be Horacio Hernandez' "Conversations in Clave". Also brilliant.

.., Thanks ,,Grazie,, dear Mr. Karls for your E-Mail ..message..
Well I have alredy answered to your Mail.. Ciao ,fabio .,Roma..-

-x-

25826887-EC8A-4AF5-A12D-158120ECDE3E.jpeg
Not advanced but I think this one is out of print.

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of collecting odd, rare, and difficult drum books. Some super advanced stuff, so I can just practice reading and investigate the author...see what made him/her "tick". I'm also just interested in building a nice collection of stuff to read.

Stick Control and Syncopation get so boring for me sometimes lol.

My friend sent me a pdf copy of Bob Moses book and I'm slowly reading it. Cool.

I have a copy of Chapin's Advanced Techniques Vol. 2 "The Open End" coming, and I'm excited to mess around with it, if not just to have in my collection since Jim passed away years ago.

I've also read that Dahlgreen has some crazy re listed books that are coming out. Any oddball recommendations? His 4-way coordination book is killer.

I'm open and curious to anything "out-of-the-box".

Happy Holidays everyone,

Karl
Does anyone have a copy of funk and fusion concepts by glen w Meyer? I would like a copy if you do. Let me know, please.Thanks in advance

Does anyone have a copy of funk and fusion concepts by glen w Meyer? I would like a copy if you do. Let me know, please.Thanks in advance

Wow glad to see this thread is still going on. Hope people found some good things in the past 2 years! Karl

Back