New stick bag

It's the one that brings all the sticks mallets and brushes to the gig.
So size 1st. Durability seems many last 10-30 years. I don't think they need any "fashion" or "eye appeal" (lol)
They're just function; so within these parameters; the only drag these days is no one goes into a shop anymore and handle choices in person and have to rely on eyeballing on the internet. Sad. So I might understand why you're asking.
Mine has the brand name VIC FIRTH on it So whatever he was selling near 20 or so years ago

mine here
Plenty enough.

all he offers here
they call it "Basic Stick Bag".
$29.95
It plays all styles as well as the $400 ones

Last edited:

They are expensive. 100 year guarantee. I have one and can vouch for the quality. I love that bag.

I got this one a few months back. I like the look (but have other varieties) and has some nice functional aspects like a drumkey holder, netweb and cell phone holder. You can’t over stuff it and I like to bring a variety like beaters and hh clutch backup but overall good

F847F1F7-6759-4904-B679-76CE6F05C028.jpeg579C6C4A-D8B2-4E51-B439-AF630F64D4F5.jpeg

Wow. Y’all like ’em big. I don‘t break sticks at gigs, so I only need a couple pairs and a pouch for a tuning key. I take a Vic Firth “Essential” stick bag.

vf_esb_b_1.png

vf_esb_b_3.png

This one. It’s got plenty of room, stretchy dealies to hang it from my floor Tom, and a big pouch where I keep a zipper bag full of spare parts like cymbal felts, drum keys, spare hi hat clutch, tools, etc etc.

Very much depends on what and how much you want to put in it.

Also have a Peter Erskine Yamaha stick bag I won at a Modern Drummer festival. It was pretty expensive then so was one of those things that’s nice to have that I wouldn’t have necessarily bought for my self. But it is definitely true, hanging a stick bag on your floor tom mutes the shell tone, particularly thin shells. The Ahead is more consolidated stick bag on the go while the PE is definitely bigger to carry around.

F7CA2132-338A-4468-BFFD-27FFF8C11671.jpeg

Peter now has the next gen that is basically a table, pretty cool

80A85B10-5CC8-499C-AE5C-7D43C2D698A1.jpeg

I think i will buy this
Just be aware: it easily holds 2–3 pairs of 5A sticks, plus brushes (retractable) and that’s about it. There is a small pouch for a tuning key, too.

If you want to only buy once for heirloom quality look no further than Anthology Gear's Seville Drum Stick Bag.
Available in three colors. Top shelf craftsmanship.

AnthologySevilleBag1.jpg

AnthologySevilleBag2.jpg

AnthologySevilleBag3.jpg

My son gave me this one a few years ago. I like it but the zipper is starting to hang up at certain spot. I normally carry 4 pr. of sticks 1 pr. of mallets 1 pr. of wood bundles (rutes) 2 beaters extra pedal spring pain relievers earplugs tuning Key and 4 pack of muting gels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230108_203617_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230108_203617_Chrome.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 6
I like this one.

First off, it's not black or brown (Makes it unique).

Two-It has a nice soft feel to it, like an old, comfortable thick T-shirt or sweatshirt

Three-It has two pockets that are just the right size for a smartphone, one with Velcro closure.

Four-It holds a lot of sticks. Not 100 pair, but more than the basic "12 pair" bag.

It's $29 on Reverb. It gets the official vyacheslav seal of approval!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 5
unique feature of the Basic Vic Firth bag is it has three inside not two pockets for sticks. 3.
3 divisions inside (not 2.

My son gave me this one a few years ago. I like it but the zipper is starting to hang up at certain spot. I normally carry 4 pr. of sticks 1 pr. of mallets 1 pr. of wood bundles (rutes) 2 beaters extra pedal spring pain relievers earplugs tuning Key and 4 pack of muting gels.
I’ve got that same bag and I’m not a fan. The handles at the top protrude above the floor tom hoop and I don’t like the elastic cables. I haven’t got around to removing them but think I may switch to the Vic Firth Essential bag.

Just about any stick bag will work. I have a nice Pork Pie stick bag that I really like (they don't make these anymore). I also have a cheaper Zildjian stick bag that works just fine as well.

I’ve got that same bag and I’m not a fan. The handles at the top protrude above the floor tom hoop and I don’t like the elastic cables. I haven’t got around to removing them but think I may switch to the Vic Firth Essential bag.
I fold the handles underneath the bag when I hang it on my floor Tom. As far as the elastic cables goes if you're talking about them hanging loose in transport, I hook them together through the handles.

Back