Need help picking a new cymbal mine just cracked!

drums32

hey guys, i need a new cymbal because my wuhan 12" splash just cracked and ive had it for over 2 years so its time for a new cymbal. I currently have 14" xs20 hats, 20" xs20 ride, 16" xs20 crash, and an 18" paiste signature fast crash. Im not sure whether to get another splash or upgrade one of my xs20s. I was thinking maybe a 10" aax splash , or an aax ozone crash (because its serves as a crash and an effects cymbal), or maybe even spend a little extra cash and replace my ride or hats. The xs20s are decent but aax/a customs/etc. are a whole different world. Let me know what you guys think, thanks alot!

I'd give Zildjian a try too man :)
I was always an Agean person, then my Agean hi-hats cracked and I replaced them with XS20's, which was a sound I was looking for and they were affordable. Then I was looking back and forward between Sabian and Zildjian, and I tried a Zildjian A Custom EFX. Which is like an O-Zone, only I prefer the EFX. Sabian are good, but the HHX,Vaults and Paragons are when they really get good, but too expensive. Whereas Zildjian can do just a good job, even if AAX's are cheap, they're just abit darker than A Customs to my ears.

So I'd try other brands :)

When I bought a splash not too long ago, Iistened to many in the drum shop I usually go to. I ended getting a Sabian SR2 10" splash. Check 'em out at cymbalfinder.com. Good luck and drum on!

thanks, i tried the sr2 and it didnt sound bad. The zildjians are real nice but im still not sure what to upgrade. My local drums shop got some used a customs in theyre selling a 19 inch crash for 99 bucks and a 20 inch ride for 129$. I was thinking about it but i may want to buy new....

thanks, i tried the sr2 and it didnt sound bad. The zildjians are real nice but im still not sure what to upgrade. My local drums shop got some used a customs in theyre selling a 19 inch crash for 99 bucks and a 20 inch ride for 129$. I was thinking about it but i may want to buy new....

Snag that deal and quick! A customs for $100 each! ITs actually a very good idea to buy used because you can get incredible deals like that!

Can you show a picture of the cracked cymbal?

Snag that deal and quick! A customs for $100 each! ITs actually a very good idea to buy used because you can get incredible deals like that!

Yea the only thing about those used a customs are that the a custom and zildjian logos are completely gone and i kno its not a big deal but id like to have the letters and logos on the cymbal, it looks like the person cleaned it too much. The ride has the same isue but iwas examining it and the center hole of he bell is dented. So im not sure what im going to do...Has anyone had experience with ozone splashes? those look good:)

Be patient deals are out there my last cymbal purchase last week was a A custom 20" crash that looked new logo's 100% for $119+10 shipping...as for a splash my favorite is a vintage sabian 12" real thin ..got it for $22

i went to guitarcenter today and saw a hhx evolution 10 inch splash for $116 on sale brand new. I also saw an aax 10 inch splash for $120 and an xs20 10 inch splash for $63. Im thinkin about going with either a splash or a china and as of now im leaning towards that hhx evolution because of that great price. I was also thinking about trying out a wuhan china for about 30 bucks on musiciansfriend.com.

i went to guitarcenter today and saw a hhx evolution 10 inch splash for $116 on sale brand new. I also saw an aax 10 inch splash for $120 and an xs20 10 inch splash for $63. Im thinkin about going with either a splash or a china and as of now im leaning towards that hhx evolution because of that great price. I was also thinking about trying out a wuhan china for about 30 bucks on musiciansfriend.com.

116 bucks is not a vet good deal, you can find a lot better

hey guys, i need a new cymbal because my wuhan 12" splash just cracked and ive had it for over 2 years so its time for a new cymbal. I currently have 14" xs20 hats, 20" xs20 ride, 16" xs20 crash, and an 18" paiste signature fast crash. Im not sure whether to get another splash or upgrade one of my xs20s. I was thinking maybe a 10" aax splash , or an aax ozone crash (because its serves as a crash and an effects cymbal), or maybe even spend a little extra cash and replace my ride or hats. The xs20s are decent but aax/a customs/etc. are a whole different world. Let me know what you guys think, thanks alot!

It looks like you could afford to live with one less cymbal considering what you have. My entire career has circled around a pair of hats, a crash and a ride. I've managed to make music with just that for the last 20 years now.

I think the Xs20's sound pretty good. I wouldn't worry about "upgrading" them any time soon.

Of course, if you want something that sounds different, that's up to you, but there is no need to feel like they aren't worthy cymbals.

i finally made a decision im goin with a wuhan china. Any suggestions im trying to decide between a 16" or 18"

Any suggestions im trying to decide between a 16" or 18"

I have the 18" right now, and my friend has the 16" and 18". IMO the 16" is a higher pitch and sounds like your hitting a trash can lid together. I prefer the 18" because the sustain is longer (due to the size) and the pitch has that high kick to it but not ever powerful.

I would definitely recommend going into your local music store and testing both of them if they're in stock before you purchase them. But good choice with a china. Love the unique sound it has to offer :)

i just got back from guitarcenter and a cymbal that really stood out was a 14 inch aax dark crash. It didnt sound like a big splash like most 14 inches do. it had a nice full tone. Im going to be looking in to either a 14 or 15 inch dark crash or a 17 inch aaxplosion. any thoughts?

just ordered a 16" sabian hhx evolution crash :)

Back