My New/Used Ludwig Supraphonic

1990's (can't remember the year) Hammered Chrome 402. No gaskets, no thank you.
It has a Millennium strainer (replaced the P-85).

HammeredChrome.jpg

This snare was recommended to me by Alex VanHalen.
The inside is signed by Bun E. Carlos. I introduced Charlie Banante to Bun E. that day too--it was pretty cool.

Karl again thanks for your info I am still a PROUD owner! That drum you have there is gorgeous. Must be nice to have some Van Halen character give you a recommendation for it...LOL thanks for sharing.

1990's (can't remember the year) Hammered Chrome 402. No gaskets, no thank you.
It has a Millennium strainer (replaced the P-85).

HammeredChrome.jpg

This snare was recommended to me by Alex VanHalen.
The inside is signed by Bun E. Carlos. I introduced Charlie Banante to Bun E. that day too--it was pretty cool.

Alex was a really nice guy, and it was very cool to meet him!

A lady I used to work with at a newspaper worked for VH in their office and also on the road back in 77-79 and he remembered her when I mentioned her name.
She's listed on the back of VH 1 or 2 also.

I have pics she gave me of VH at a Detroit radio station interview in '80 (that I tape recorded)--it was pretty wild when I told her about "this interview back in..." and she goes "I have pics from that day".

Dave was doing all this wild stuff and had cap guns on--typical for those days!
Kinda neat to have a couple pics, and I still have that tape.

I've known BE.C since 1998, and he was nice enough to sign the shell. I guess he doesn't do a lot of that--or at least he didn't back then.
I should take a pic of it.

Alex was a really nice guy, and it was very cool to meet him!

A lady I used to work with at a newspaper worked for VH in their office and also on the road back in 77-79 and he remembered her when I mentioned her name.
She's listed on the back of VH 1 or 2 also.

I have pics she gave me of VH at a Detroit radio station interview in '80 (that I tape recorded)--it was pretty wild when I told her about "this interview back in..." and she goes "I have pics from that day".

Dave was doing all this wild stuff and had cap guns on--typical for those days!
Kinda neat to have a couple pics, and I still have that tape.

I've known BE.C since 1998, and he was nice enough to sign the shell. I guess he doesn't do a lot of that--or at least he didn't back then.
I should take a pic of it.

That is great stuff Bro, OH, and the Bun E. Carlos deal...how did you meet up with him? What do you do that puts you in their path? I ran into some greats @ NAMM this year, but is this happening through your working environment? Either way some nice stuff!

Back