My New Gretsch Brooklyn kit

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
DCP had an absolute steal of deal on this Gretsch Brooklyn Silver Mist Duco shell pack.
20x14 kick
12x8 rack
14x14 floor

I paid 1800 bucks plus tax!!

These were listed as a “used” kit but it was really just needing to free up inventory space. The kit is brand new in the boxes and never played or even set up. So I saved over 700 bucks!

Can’t wait to tune them up and play them all day tomorrow.

I slept on Gretsch my whole life. Considered Ludwig & Sonor as my favorite brands. But the renown kit really turned me on to the Gretsch way of doing things!

IMG_1672.jpegIMG_1669.jpeg

Ya know what got me on the striped middle section phase?. When I saw a photo of Steppenwolfs Jerry Edmonton playing a 4 piece set as well as the 4 piece kit at the end of the show on To Sir with love. Had to have a set just for the cool factor.

Last edited:
Ya know what got me on the striped middle section phase?. When I saw a photo of Steppenwolfs Dave Edmonton playing a 4 piece set as well as the 4 piece kit at the end of the show on To Sir with love. Had to have a set just for the cool factor.
Dave? Don't you mean Jerry. ;)

Dave? Don't you mean Jerry. ;)
Hey!..remember?..your not suppose to make me look stupid!. That's just great..everybody saw your post...thats ok...drag me through the mud..hang me out to dry..are you sure it's Jerry?. I got the album cover and you are right. I'm not showing up here ever again!. Maybe tomorrow I guess but I'm not sure. Jerry?. Ok.

• Haha
Reactions: jda
Sorry, I'm sure it's Jerry. My teacher and friend of 10 years is Ron Hurst (Steppenwolf's drummer since 1984).

Stealthy edit. (y)

Attachments

• 20150808_204801.jpg
    20150808_204801.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: jda
Sorry, I'm sure it's Jerry. My teacher and friend of 10 years is Ron Hurst (Steppenwolf's drummer since 1984).

Stealthy edit. (y)
When you said don't you mean Jerry I immediately thought why did I type Dave?...isnt Dave a guitar player or something?. Anyway I thought I'll have a moment of fun here. Is Ron the drummer that did the famous Born to be wild fill?. To this day when I hear that tune I wait for that. 😃

wow snare choices for that are
magnificient!
even black (hammered etc would look good/ what's going there?

Oh my gosh!!! I love those! What a great price. Never seen a duco in that color combo. I know you’ll enjoy those.

wow snare choices for that are
magnificient!
even black (hammered etc would look good/ what's going there?
Still looking. I sold all my high end snares. And realized I really love 13x7 snares., I have a Tama sound Lab G-maple that love more than snares 3x the price. But I do want to add a 13” metal Gretsch snare to my setup. I just sold the sold aluminum 14x6.5, so I kinda want the 13” version

Welcome to the Brooklyn mafia.

Beautiful kit, and that is a smokin' price. I paid more than that for just the 20x14 and 14x14 add ons for my Brooklyn.

Well done Sir, well done.

Still looking. I sold all my high end snares. And realized I really love 13x7 snares., I have a Tama sound Lab G-maple that love more than snares 3x the price. But I do want to add a 13” metal Gretsch snare to my setup. I just sold the sold aluminum 14x6.5, so I kinda want the 13” version
I kind of like this one. USA and COB though instead of Brooklyn and aluminum:

I kind of like this one. USA and COB though instead of Brooklyn and aluminum:

Yep this is one of them I was looking at.

Also this one too.. I had the 14x6.5… but I’m just stuck on the 13” size. I like the way it feels and sits between my legs.

One thing I will say after messing with both my RN2 and Brooklyn kits last night…. If someone told me these were both manufactured in the USA at the same facility, I’d believe them.

Both kits feel super high quality and a lot of the hardware on the kit is the same.

Whoever Gretsch is hiring overseas to make their kits does a fantastic job. Same goes for the USA

One thing I will say after messing with both my RN2 and Brooklyn kits last night…. If someone told me these were both manufactured in the USA at the same facility, I’d believe them.

Both kits feel super high quality and a lot of the hardware on the kit is the same.

Whoever Gretsch is hiring overseas to make their kits does a fantastic job. Same goes for the USA
It makes my day to hear this. Without a doubt I will pick up a set of Brooklyns one day but in the meantime I am over the moon happy with my RN2s. My bandmates don't give a damn about drums in general but they love my Renowns, and ask for them by name.

You got a smokin' deal on a beautiful kit. Super happy for you!

Back