Mike Mangini

Since he’s bald, he went beardo.

I believe the laws of Rock N' Roll state that when the hair migrates from the top of the head you MUST go with facial hair.....either full-hipster or overly man-scaped. Which is why I think James Lebrae (DT's singer) is totally confused with the receding hairline but STILL has the long luscious locks AND heavily scaped beard. Mangini looks like Fabio by comparison in that first shot.........and that really isn't a compliment.

(As I sit here with my high and tight thinning hair with the goatee I have had since college)

Rock persona of the band aside, I gotta give props to Jordan Rudess the guy is a monster pianist who studied at Julliard starting at the age of nine years old !

Rock persona of the band aside, I gotta give props to Jordan Rudess the guy is a monster pianist who studied at Julliard starting at the age of nine years old !

Agreed. I think everyone that has played in DT has been a monster on their various instruments.......the talent is undeniable.

There was a time he had long hair too. When he first joined up with the Dixie dregs, he had long hair and no beard. And now he looks like Scott Ian’s dad.

Scott Ian - that guy has aged about 5 years since 1989.

hqdefault.jpg

635870245060050427-download.jpg

Last edited:
He has a snare strainer on his small tom. Sounds great!

That looks like his Signature 10x6.2" snare, I can't quite tell.

Here's mine.

WkyQBxQ.png
Is there a tom mount on yours? I can't tell from the Mangini video, but it looks like it's mounted like the other toms.

Is there a tom mount on yours? I can't tell from the Mangini video, but it looks like it's mounted like the other toms.
Yes, that snare comes with a tom mounting bracket. But mine doesn't have one. The guy I bought it from asked if I wanted the tom mounting bracket, or a Pearl snare stand, so of course I chose the stand.

VVQiN1I.png

Re: Mike Mangini Clinic

1203 singles per minute...omg...what else can I say... oh, yeah, he is an awsome drummer :))

It seems like he had a lot of spare time and was really bored when he was a kid... :D otherwise I can't seem to figure out how can one become so incredibly fast :)
i know thats insane. I cant even be bothered to practice anything. Dude is awesome.

Agreed. I think everyone that has played in DT has been a monster on their various instruments.......the talent is undeniable.
I would argue it's the most *talented* band I've ever seen. Rat Race Choir being another finalist.

I missed the "hair" part of this thread, but I do agree he looked MUCH better with short hair.

Back