Is Ringo a good drummer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I think he is. What makes him great is his creativity. Did it all come from him? From what I've heard, he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

Just kidding, this forum is so dull and boring now. You deserve this thread.

Last edited:
The other Beatles thought he was good, better than their other drummer, and he's one of the wealthiest musicians of all time. I think we've had this conversation already.

Last edited:
Wonder why Richard Starkey Jr took Ringo Star for a name? Hey perhaps the Beatles weren't there real name either-it was "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" or perhaps "White album" and they took the Beatles alias to keep their bands name a secret. It all makes perfect sense now-Ah the games afoot Watson.

Ringo did a great job in narrating Harry Nilson's "The Point". Oblio and Arrow. Bought the album actually. I like the fact Ringo has a "large nose" I do too. We can suck up more air lowering the oxygen tension around us so everyone else gets light headed from the lack of oxygen.

Dumb question sorry, I know this is a forum but really?

Who are we to judge either way.........he's made more money than all of us put together!

He's hard to emulate anyway

Last week I was playing a Beatle song live on stage with my band.
I tried bouncing my head as I played just like Ringo did. I very quickly got dizzy (miss lizzy) and I felt seasick.
And I could barely finish the song. How did he do that?

Nor was he the best narrator for a popular children's TV program. George would have run rings around him.

Oh, you're so wrong on that point...very sorry. ;) When my son was a toddler he was a regular watcher of Thomas the Tank Engine, and Ringo far out shined ol' George as Mr. Conductor.

And that from a Yank, no less.

Oh, you're so wrong on that point...very sorry. ;) When my son was a toddler he was a regular watcher of Thomas the Tank Engine, and Ringo far out shined ol' George as Mr. Conductor.

And that from a Yank, no less.

Hmmmm.....in that case, maybe he really was the best drummer in the band too.

He's fine. It's rock and roll. And most here couldn't keep time as well as he did.
Especially without their little click.

Ringo Star, Neil Peart, and a drummer with incredible chops walked into a bar.

Something happened,
then something else happened,
and then a fight broke out on the drummerworld forum over what happened.

:p

He had some interesting fills, and creative rhythms. Not just standard 2/4 backbeats. Maybe because he's left handed and played a right handed kit. Goggled his net worth. He's the richest drummer on the planet. 300 million. Must have done something right, and yeah he looks damn good for his age.

Didn't Bernard Purdie play on most of their records anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back