How to be one of the 10 richest drummer at a young age ?

I'd wager Bermuda, at this stage in life ,feels his "riches" are far greater that of gold or diamonds?

I certainly consider myself successful, in that I achieved what I set out to do at age twelve: make my living as a professional drummer. But there was no career path or anything specific I did to somehow make it happen. It was the luck involved meeting up with an artist that continues to enjoy amazing longevity and growth in an artform with such a fickle audience.

But I guess I'm rich. I have a great life, career, and the respect of my peers.

And a bunch of money. :)

Bermuda

I certainly consider myself successful, in that I achieved what I set out to do at age twelve: make my living as a professional drummer. But there was no career path or anything specific I did to somehow make it happen. It was the luck involved meeting up with an artist that continues to enjoy amazing longevity and growth in an artform with such a fickle audience.

But I guess I'm rich. I have a great life, career, and the respect of my peers.

And a bunch of money. :)

Bermuda
And he knows me ???

That's not even such a great plan anymore - music doesn't sell like it used to.

Today, a touring/performing band is the way most pros make a living.

Bermuda

I agree that touring and performing are where the money is these days, but it certainly doesn't hurt to cash in a little on the songwriting as well, especially if you can get start writing songs for more popular artists. I guess what I had in mind were writing songs for folks like Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, etc. (Sounds like the OP is shooting for the moon, so I was as well with my thoughts). I'm curious is the selling of vinyl has upped the ante any on payouts for songwriters?

...but it certainly doesn't hurt to cash in a little on the songwriting as well, especially if you can get start writing songs for more popular artists.

There's still some revenue attached to songwriting for major-selling artists, but that's a very small target to aim for (the "lofty goal" I mentioned earlier.) And goals are good, but you have to be realistic. If the OP is just a drummer, not a songwriter, then his monetary success will depend on someone else's success. Let's face it, that's why I am where I am.

I wish David luck in his journey, at age 33 he's still young enough to start a career in music. But if his goal is to be among the "greatest and richest" drummers and he only gets half-way there, he will be disappointed, even if he ends up supporting himself just from playing (which is not an easy thing to do.)

Bermuda

There's still some revenue attached to songwriting for major-selling artists, but that's a very small target to aim for (the "lofty goal" I mentioned earlier.) And goals are good, but you have to be realistic. If the OP is just a drummer, not a songwriter, then his monetary success will depend on someone else's success. Let's face it, that's why I am where I am.

I wish David luck in his journey, at age 33 he's still young enough to start a career in music. But if his goal is to be among the "greatest and richest" drummers and he only gets half-way there, he will be disappointed, even if he ends up supporting himself just from playing (which is not an easy thing to do.)

Bermuda

Agree wholeheartedly. I tried to "make it" for about 10 years of my life as a full-time musician, and now I look back on it as a lot of time wasted, and I wish I would have followed the "bloom where you're planted" philosophy. I have a great day job, and if my current music pursuits fall apart, well, then I'll be perfectly fine financially.

And you'll need to have a talk with your girlfriend. Explain to her that if you stayed together, this is what's gonna happen.

You're gonna keep pursuing what you're pursuing. And because you're doing that, it's gonna take up more and more of your time. And you're not gonna be able to spend as much time with her.
And when you do spend time with her, you're gonna be thinking about drumming. And you're gonna be thinking about jazz music, charts, all that.

And because of that, she's gonna start to resent you. And she's gonna tell you to ease up on the drumming and spend more time with her because she's not feeling important. And you're not gonna be able to do that. And really, you're gonna start to resent her for even asking you to stop drumming.

And you're just gonna start to hate each other. And it's gonna get very ugly. And so for those reasons, you'd rather just break it off clean.

Because you wanna be great.

...to be one of the greatest and richest drummer of the world.

Is English your first language? If not, you need to define what you mean by "richest". To most English speakers, "richest" means "wealthiest". If you want to be the wealthiest drummer in the world, that's easy. First, become wealthy. Then, play drums as a hobby.

And you'll need to have a talk with your girlfriend. Explain to her that if you stayed together, this is what's gonna happen.

You're gonna keep pursuing what you're pursuing. And because you're doing that, it's gonna take up more and more of your time. And you're not gonna be able to spend as much time with her.
And when you do spend time with her, you're gonna be thinking about drumming. And you're gonna be thinking about jazz music, charts, all that.

And because of that, she's gonna start to resent you. And she's gonna tell you to ease up on the drumming and spend more time with her because she's not feeling important. And you're not gonna be able to do that. And really, you're gonna start to resent her for even asking you to stop drumming.

And you're just gonna start to hate each other. And it's gonna get very ugly. And so for those reasons, you'd rather just break it off clean.

Because you wanna be great.
What is this, a chick-flick movie script? ?

Start a band and a Ponzi scheme. If you do well at the Ponzi scheme, you can be rich for a while until you are caught. After you are caught, your world will be ripped apart. You will become huge news, and your band will get smeared all over the media. There you go, fame and fortune and a name as a drummer.

Start a band and a Ponzi scheme. If you do well at the Ponzi scheme, you can be rich for a while until you are caught. After you are caught, your world will be ripped apart. You will become huge news, and your band will get smeared all over the media. There you go, fame and fortune and a name as a drummer.
Unless you can succeed in getting the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 passed and than you have a legal ponzi scheme. :)

This is joke, right?

Hello my name is David Adelson. I was born in a suburb of Paris the 7th May 1987 and grew up in an island called Reunion. Before I was born, my family traveled with their musical instruments as drums, guitars... I’m at a time now to understand and be on the way to be one of the greatest and richest drummer of the world. I’m conscious of this process since I’m 13 years old. Is there someone who wants to put me on this legendary walk of fame ?

.......And your body weight in cymbals. While I don't know what you weigh, I do know you own a lot of cymbals so you've probably achieved that goal.
I conservatively estimated that Bermuda owns at least a ton of bronze.

I doubt it’s quite a ton. Isn’t it 500 cymbals? Wouldn’t they average about 3 pounds each?
Crap, maybe it IS a ton.
I seem to remember at least 736.
He's probably up to 750 by now. I estimated at 3 lbs a cymbal too.
Would love to see his Excel spreadsheet detailing them all.

Back