Gretsch. Anyone tell me about this kit please?

Paisleyman

Gretsch Catalina Birch.
Red lacquer. 7 piece.
22" kick.
8", 10", 12" toms.
16" & 14" toms hung
14" snare.

Pretty good nick.
£300 with hardware.

Assume Taiwan.

Can't see reviews or catalogues online. IMG_20230710_191228_edit_45154489303005.jpg

Last edited:
If they're not completely battered, I'd buy them as a kit for seedy gigs/kit shares/ etc...

Gretsch Catalina Birch.
Red lacquer. 7 piece.
22" kick.
8", 10", 12" toms.
16" & 14" toms hung
14" snare.

Pretty good nick.
£300 with hardware.
Not bad mid-level drums at all. Good price, for drums with hardware.

Catalinas sound good! I've heard a couple of sets of them, and I was really impressed with them, especially considering their price point.

I've got a buddy that gigs 40-50 times each year, and has for years.

He has both the birch and maple Cats. They sound good when I've watched the show, they sound good when I've played them.

I've never heard him complain about either set.

Got any more pictures? Assuming it's in decent shape, 300 pounds is a good deal.
Screenshot_20230715_091823.jpg
This is the kit. Pic from Reverb. I didn't stack them like this. The 2 'floor' toms hand. They have a bruise or two and they were grubby and Dusty. I'm servicing them drum by drum at the moment. Coming up very nicely.

Came with all hardware plus some bits an pieces and an extra Pearl snare (which needs a bit of work).

View attachment 136699
This is the kit. Pic from Reverb. I didn't stack them like this. The 2 'floor' toms hand. They have a bruise or two and they were grubby and Dusty. I'm servicing them drum by drum at the moment. Coming up very nicely.

Came with all hardware plus some bits an pieces and an extra Pearl snare (which needs a bit of work).
Very nice find! They look to be in pretty good shape as well.

The hanging floor toms may be a little annoying, but you can always fix that by installing floor tom legs yourself. I have a 14" floor tom that I may get legs for in the future.

Let us know how they sound!

Back