Favorite DRUMMERWORLD threads.

I like just about any thread where I feel like I can help someone else because of my experience, be it good or bad. I may be wrong, but I believe that DW is one of the few places in existence where I feel like my opinions and experiences matter, and people use it to make their lives easier and better.

same....

i also like picture threads, and ones with sentimental tints to them

I like gear threads just to stay up on the topic. i have all of the gear I need, and am pretty set in what I like and don't like

I honestly will give most threads a chance, and like a hearty debate about anything.

My favorites, other than the ones where I learn a great practice technique or routine, are the uplifting ones where the subject is a sweet/classy gesture that made someone's day or where someone shared their drum journey with us.

The semi-recent one from Drumdame where she bought her son a cymbal for his birthday was a nice read.

I personally like the ones about aspects of the music business and music history. There have been many long and epic threads over the years on aspects of these subjects that I have completely enjoyed.

Music suffered greatly before the click track, My favourite is when I get schooled by a Manchild.

I like the threads where I see members with technical issues get help from others.

I like the brave posts from members who express their point and are steadfast and "....Damn The Torpedoes...." attitude.

I like the threads about small independent cymbal makers.

I like the threads about practice ideas.

I like the threads where people make up and return to being friends after a bit of an altercation.

I like the threads where I can actually be useful with advice that gets sought after by other members.

I just like threads........

Just like having the sun on my face, the birds singing, mean people getting in trouble, kindness, laughter, a nice cold glass of water on a hot day, being loved by my warrior queen of a girlfriend, playing my drums, talking to my kids, my home theatre, my motorbike and my lovely friends on this forum.......that includes you Al Strange.

that includes you Al Strange.
You’re a good man @Benthedrummer ! What people don’t know is that we’ve been having a long running argument in PM since before either of us joined the forum. I’m glad to announce that this week we were finally able to bury the beater and agree that Iva Davies’ jodhpurs and Wauchope mullet in the ‘Crazy’ music video defined Aussie fashion for 30 years!:cool:🌏

I especially like the thread's that are continually being contributed to such "What are you listening to now?" because I'm introduced to some really great music that I've not heard before.

The off-topic section is like a box of chocolates. Which makes it fun, you never know what you're gonna get.

Last edited:
Pretty much all. While I’m here 2-3 times a week, I read through 75% of the forum. I don’t post often, but I do read a lot. Usually prompted by the side bar, I find I can get reading through a thread with some really good insight from contributors only to find out the thread is 15 years old. Old news is new news if you didn’t know about it.

You’re a good man @Benthedrummer ! What people don’t know is that we’ve been having a long running argument in PM since before either of us joined the forum. I’m glad to announce that this week we were finally able to bury the beater and agree that Iva Davies’ jodhpurs and Wauchope mullet in the ‘Crazy’ music video defined Aussie fashion for 30 years!:cool:🌏

Thanks Al, that's a very kind thing to say.

You are an example of how to be a good man.

You are the ideal benchmark.

Anything with @GetAgrippa and @Al Strange are usually fun.

I always thought @Bo Eder threads are meaty

I like @TK-421...his funny drawings

I like @Bozozoid take on things

I like @toddbishop posts.

He's brutal, honest, doesn't suffer fools.

I like @Larry posts, uses his vocabulary well and toys with his words like jazzer owns their brushes on a snare.

I like @cbphoto posts.

He's got a real Aussie humour that I really dig.

And ultimately, I like the other 150,000 member's posts on this forum.

It means a lot to me this place...... always has, always will.

I like stories about which threads are the best.. (just kidding) - but sometimes I like some of the esoteric niche threads where the poster is trying to discover 'undiscovered country'.. like 'Name the best drummer you've never SEEN or HEARD' or 'What's the heaviest stick you have in your bag?'. I usually don't read the threads but I admire the creativity Lol..

I usually go for the general discussion forum and respond to stories about gigging experiences, band dynamic issues, ways to improve, problems to solve, gear to buy or avoid etc. Also some of the youtube vids that are posted.. sometimes can be real eye openers.

Threads on gear and more to the point ,….
Reviews on that gear .

The personal stories of members , gives me more insight into who they are and humanizes them more , making me/us , more careful in trying not to be a tool when disagreeing.

Oh yeah,, and……..
Any thread about vasectomies 😉😂.

Back